Have any guns gone down in price?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emt1581, Mar 29, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

What guns were more expensive when they first came out than they are right now? And I don't mean the initial surge in price that comes when almost any gun is first released to the market that seeks to capitalize on the "I have to have one of the first ones!" crowd. I mean, after the possible initial surge in price, what guns have sold for more than they do right now?

I know this might be difficult to figure out due to inflation, but are any guns cheaper to buy now that they used to be?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

Nothing springs to mind for me. I think prices are up across the board on guns, ammo and anything firearms related given the current climate.

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Right but certainly there has to be SOME gun that, pre-recession/Obama/etc., it was built up, priced high, then turned out to be a POS or just didn't sell well so the manufacturer lowered the price on....no?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

4. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

The S&W Sigma, perhaps?

5. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

That's a possibility. I mean I know they are dirt cheap now. Hell I bought a few of them! You can't beat $250 for such a reliable pistol! The trolls love to point out their heavy trigger. Other than that, some bash them but few do so with much of any experience.

But does anyone know what they used to cost before S&W started all the rebates/mag give aways?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

6. Magus

Magus Deo Vindice

There are certainly deals out there for things that might not be "popular" or selling well.

I have found that this site has some good deals from time to time on things that aren't moving well. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Download their latest catalog and you can get some of the prices, many firearms though you need to call in for to get a price. Site is a bit hinky lookin', but I've done business with them several times, they've got good stuff.

7. tercel89

tercel89

The Beretta Cougar was around $600 in the 90's . Now Stoeger , owned by Beretta makes the same Cougar and is $400 . Now just 2 yrs ago they were $325 . I bought 2 :cool: . They are the same as in the 90's .

8. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Yeah I bought a Sig SP2022 from them a month or two ago. Good people to deal with.

-Emt1581

9. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I know some people are die hard fans of certain guns and companies. But I think the majority of people like to have the best bang for their buck which used to mean 1) Reliability 2) Durability and from there you looked at things like caliber/capacity/etc. Now all those things are a given and moving forward people are looking for compact size, lightweight, and good bells/whistles. Companies keep leaning toward polymer frames, adjustable backstraps, rails, etc. which the Cougar AFAIK doesn't offer. Now is that why prices have gone down, because as a gun it doesn't offer as much as others do? Maybe, I don't know. Just a thought.

Thanks!

-Emt1581

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

Every model in .45GAP is at least $100 less than regular price. The ones that are still made anyway.

11. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

The Sig P250 was selling for $600ish when it came out. Within a year, they were going for under $500 easy.

12. ChrisTKHarris

ChrisTKHarris I like to shoot

13. oldnoob

oldnoob

I think there are few. But they kind of all in the case that people cool down from the newest, hottest "Thing".

Sig 250
    XDm
    Ruger LCR
    Ruger SR9
    Tuarus Judge

14. tercel89

tercel89

I tell ya what , it may not be fancy dancy and have the whistles and bells , but I love them .They are a little big and a little bulky but to me they are the best bang for the buck . I want one of the newer ones in .45 . They are out now! :cool:
    Also the only pistol I know of that has the rotating barrel system in it that is being produced at the moment . .

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  15. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

AK's and AR's have gone down, but it was after going up.

16. inzone

inzone

darn it, sks's have gone up in price....and they are hard to find to boot...I am still looking to acquire two or three more for my extended family..... at least the ammo is going down in price...

17. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

First guns that came to my mind as well.

18. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

That is the first thing that comes to mind. I have heard the supply of AR15s is not exceeding the demand now. The prices are lower than they were, thats for sure.

19. Berto

Berto woo woo

The Steyr M series and HK p7/psp come to mind.

20. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

It depends on the market, the model, where, and how you buy.