close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have a G17 Gen4...what next? xd9,M&P9,or 2022?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Aglockalpyse Now, Aug 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. bac1023

bac1023

Like I said though, it's not really a safety. It doesn't need to be used any differently than the decocker on a Sig. You simply decock the gun and leave it off.

2. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses Hooah, Hooah.

That was my experience with one. My hands aren't small, but I had a hard time disengaging the safety while maintaining my firing grip.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I just bought the PRO CORE 9mm. Yes, trigger break is better than standard M&P. Yes, it's pretty accurate and points nicely (though everybody has different ergonomics). The trigger reset is still vague. I've experienced a couple of failures doing my Mozambique drills (two to the chest and one to the head) because I didn't let the trigger go back out far enough. I'm sure that with more practice, I'll "get" the trigger reset, but it's not intuitive because it lacked that "click" reset on many handguns.

For those who wants FN plastic phantastics but don't want to spend a lot of moolah, just get a late model FNP and call it a day.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Don't carry it with the safety on.

5. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

Welcome to Glock Talk, fellow G17 owner!

6. bac1023

bac1023

With all due respect guys, what on earth, is the deal here? It is not a safety. It's a decocker. You decock the gun just like you do a Sig. Unlike the Sig, you have the option of keeping it on, but it's not necessary. It's a long and heavy DA pull, like a revolver, Sig, and many other DA autos.

What am I missing here? In effect, Sig SP2022 works the same way. You carry it decocked with the long DA pull.

Good grief...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  7. bunk22

bunk22

Doesn't matter, how I rack the slide, it's in the way, don't like it. I want the Type C with no safety there. I had the PX4 in 45 and sub, great guns....something for the OP to maybe consider!

8. Aglockalpyse Now

Aglockalpyse Now

I dunno if I'd like the safety/decock lever on the slide of the PX4 either. I've seen em at the lgs never had the desire to hold one though. Will be sure to next time I stop in if they have one.