close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hathcocked Passed Away

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Darminator, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darminator

Darminator

Fellow gun owner, Jason "Hathcocked" passed away yesterday from a speculated self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yB2aK07_Co

Above is a benefit video for his family, 100% of the proceeds will go to them.

Here is Hathcocked's youtube channel

www.youtube.com/user/hathcocked

It is so sad to see someone go at such a young age with no advanced warning.

RIP Jay.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

That is terrible, I feel so bad for his family.

3. woncrzymof0

woncrzymof0

self inflicted... by accident.. on purpose!??!?

I am trying to find a news article but I don't think there is one, does anyone know what really happened?

4. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

What a horrible thing. I lost my best friend since high school to a self inflicted gunshot wound in Sept of 2009. I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking of it. I truly feel sorry for his family and anyone that cared about him. My prayers to you all.

5. mixflip

mixflip

I dont understand suicide? I lost a HS friend to suicide 20+ years ago. She got pregnant and shot herself through here belly and killed the baby too. I just dont get it. I get that life hurts sometimes but suicide hurts the folks left behind forever so the pain never really ends with the suicide.

6. cphilip

cphilip

We will never understand. They think differently than many of the rest of us do. I quit trying to make sense of it long ago. Its simply not logical. The real victims of Suicide are always the survivors trying to make sense of it all it seems. My first wife made lists of reasons for it all that were idiotic and contradictory by the time she took her own life. And of course shared them with no one least they might point that out to her. The mind is a complicated organ and sometimes it simply doesn't work correctly. That's all there is too it.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Why the pity for a suicide?! :dunno:
    I have no pity for the man.......not a single bit.

Sux for what his family is going through and will face in the near future.

8. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

Prayers on the way for his family.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

No way!!!! I'm subbed to him!

Edit: At the end of the video featured on his homepage, he said he had a new girl in his life and it was going really well. Maybe that has something to do with it.

10. griz7674

griz7674

Then you're an idiot. People who commit suicide are not in their right minds. They are dealing with things that they just don't know how to handle or cope with. I sincerely hope you never have to deal with mental illness. It's very clear you don't have a clue let alone an ounce of compassion.

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I hope in death, he finds whatever peace he was looking for.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

IGF

12. Andy P

Andy P

Very good post, thanks.

13. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

So long as a person's ability to cope with pain is greater than the pain itself, they will endure it. The moment the pain becomes more than their physical, mental, and spiritual ability to deal with it, is when they decide to kill themselves. It's an amoral act, and you can't call them cowards, or mentally ill for following through with the natural result of being unable to cope with such an amount of pain.

It's a shame he never got the support he needed. Belittling and passing judgment doesn't change human nature. Telling someone whose heart and mind are broken to suck it up, reinforces the behavior you think you're trying to correct.

14. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

I've read the above posted comments on suicide with considerable interest and can pretty much understand both sides of the debate although perhaps, just perhaps those who are opposed to even the mere thought of ending one's own life have never really been in the position where it becomes a viable, and well thought out option.

As a former LEO I've worked well over 50 suicides ranging from quite overdoses to shotgun head wounds. Being considerably younger than I am now I really never understood what would drive someone to take such drastic action. I must admit that I never really dwelled on it since you see enough misery working the street without consciously trying to make sense of something you'll most likely never understand.

As I've grown considerably older my views on many things have changed, including one's right to decide when to leave this life... for whatever reason they so choose. Obviously many of those reasons may not be as actually acute as they seem at the moment of action and might even be considered no more than a normal speed bump in the road of life. To end one's life and leave the resulting heartbreak for surviving family and friends is especially tragic if it occurs because of something that a little time, a little money or a new relationship would have corrected. I do believe, however, that not all situations are as clear cut as that.

Three weeks ago tomorrow I broke my back for the twentieth time... that's not a misprint. I am afflicted with a rare and aggressive form of bone cancer for which there is no cure nor effective treatment. To date I have lost slightly over 86% of my bone density which means that if I had feathers I could fly since my bones are very much akin to those of a bird, basically hollow.

I have progressed to the point where I no longer have to do things out of the ordinary to break bones. The simple act of rolling over in bed onto my chest breaks ribs, shooting a 12 gauge shotgun or anything over a 22-250 caliber rifle breaks my collar bone and shoulder and heavy recoiling handguns have snapped my right wrist on two occasions. Attempting to walk on snow, ice or wet pavement is comparable to playing Russian roulette without benefit of the good odds.

When one breaks enough bone to make Evel Knievel look like a rookie the decision must be made whether to live in the constant fog of narcotics or deal daily with pain that would put the average person in the hospital. I choose the pain, for at least as long as I can physically stand it. The exception being for a period of time after fresh fractures... experience has shown that constant screaming scares the dog... and that's not fair to the dog. (One of the 20 broken backs was a result of bending over to fill the dog's water bowl, another was from trying to pick-up the dog to take her to the vet after being kicked by a horse.)

My situation is certainly not as bleak as it might be however. Fortunately I've developed a medical condition that has left the doctors stumped. Two weeks ago this coming Wednesday I suffered some sort of medical episode, the second time since last October. This time my heart and breathing stopped and had my daughter and son-in-law not found me and had not the paramedics call for the flight for life... well, lets just say I'd have all the answers to the questions we spend our lives wondering about.

With any luck and God's good grace I'll die a peaceful death from this pesky little medical problem instead of hanging around and turning into a human bowl of Jell-O. If that proves not to be the case however must I be sentenced to who knows how many years of unbearable pain and lack of a productive and mobile life just because society chooses to call me selfish or demonstrating cowardliness by taking what some would call the 'easy way out'?

I've have been fortunate enough to have led an undeserved fairy tale life, my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren will receive an inheritance that will basically leave them set for life and I have a circle of very, very dear friends who all understand what I go through and what I have to look forward to. Both my family and friends do me the honor of understand that I have paid my dues in life and that I've earned the right to decide how and when that life will end should God not see fir to intervene. Must I really have to consider what total strangers think of my ultimate decisions? Placed in my position what would they decide?

I guess I'll have to give that some thought but there is one thing I'm sure of, I hope none of those strangers ever have to go through what I experience on a daily basis.

Jack

15. CBennett

CBennett

agreed, if this was a accidental i was cleaning my gun and forgot to check god bless him..if this was something he did willingly/knowingly..cant feel sorry for him but I do for his family. Only time I can see this and have real pitty is when a person has some kind of terminal disease and is in pain of some kind...not so much when stuff just isnt going right and ive had a few bad days...I dont know what the real case there was.

16. MB-G26

MB-G26 Queen of Fail Lifetime Member

On this particular topic, as well as various others, my opinion is simply:

It's best not to judge a person's foot steps until one has walked a goodly amount in that person's shoes.

P.S. JACK! Please see my question in Outpost regarding your type of bedding -- ("I Saw The Light" thread, post #28)

{oh be STILL you out there with perverse minds} :tongueout:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  17. varmint6

varmint6

Thoughts and prayers for the family.

18. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Jack, I am sorry. I hope this goes as well as it can for you. Damn....

19. AA#5

AA#5

Birds of a feather flock together.......

Nothing like a matched pair of insensitive, judgemental, holier-than-thou clods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.