Hate Crime

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Cheytac, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Cheytac

Cheytac

After reading the thread about the LEO being killed arguing over a parking stall I have to ask.

What is the purpose of labeling a crime a "Hate Crime?"

Is it more wrong to kill someone you hate; LEO, Race Based, Sexuality Based, etc, as say, someone killing your parents?

Shouldn't a 1st degree murder have the same punishment no matter whom is killed?

Or, have we gone so PC in this great nation that we now have to have "Hate Crimes" just to get the proper punishment for a given crime?

2. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

It increases the punishment on lesser crimes such as assault.

3. Cheytac

Cheytac

But isn't assault and assault? Again, if it's assault against your mother as apposed to a gay person by someone who hates gays. Why should it differ?

4. coastal4974

coastal4974

It allows idiot politicians to look good to their idiot followers.

5. johnd

johnd

If you assault someone you like, its assault.
    If you assault someone you dont like, its now a hate crime
    Thats easy isnt it?

Now we are past that there are some caveats depending on your original skin color/ classification of race per the government guidelines/ handicap/mothers underwear color/ origin of race or whether or not you voted and for whom in the last election.

6. Andy123

Andy123

First let me say, I don't agree with Hate Crime Designation, but in part, there is some sound theory to it.

1st instance - say some kids go onto your property and being kids, start a small harmless fire from wood laying around. What is the appropriate punishment.

2nd instance - some people burn a cross on the lawn of african americans. What should the punishment be?

Most people would say that the 2nd instance deserves more punishment, because of its opportunity to lead to violence and division in the community than the first, even thought both crimes involved trespass and some minor burning of wood.

7. Cheytac

Cheytac

But why, shouldn't the two criminals be charged the same? They committed the same act?

I guess I'm just too simple minded to understand why? :dunno:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  8. Cheytac

Cheytac

You present a different situation here. Trespassing and arson.

9. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

You're right. They should be treated the same.
    I beat you up its assault.
    If I beat you up because you're gay, black ect. Its assault and I'm a bigot a***ole.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  10. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Because it's a necessary stepping stone to "thought crime." The goal is to have the gov't decide what you are allowed to think or not.

11. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Does anyone know if you have to have the forethought of "I'm assaulting him based on race, sexual orientation, ect." in order for it to be a hate crime? In other words if I beat up a guy who happens to be gay for something completely not relevant to it, is it still a hate crime?

12. coastal4974

coastal4974

That depends.

If you beat the squeeze out of him because he keyed your car, you’re in trouble.

If you beat the squeese out of him because he keyed your car because you said he was a sissy mary, you’re in BIG trouble.

13. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Well yes sir, I hate crime.

We all know the answer.................somethings are designated as "hate crimes" simply to placate those special interest groups who seem to feel they are indeed special, and require special treatment if anything that happens to all of us, happens to them.

Because they're special under the law..............but always say they aren't special in any way.

The exact same result could be realized by ensuring that someone who committed a crime due to some sort of strange hate, actually served the time he was sentenced to, other than getting his sentence reduced for anything like "good time". But that wouldn't generate as many votes as a special treatment law, for the very folks who like to say they aren't special.

They simply placate some people who happen to vote......... and have been known to vandalize property and assault others themselves.

It's all just a big circle, with people whose thoughts and feelings aren't liked by some folks as the target. There should be no such thing as a hate crime in a sane world, someone commits asualt...that's what they're charged with. But now we have to be sure such a crime isn't committed against anyone special, who spend their lives telling us they aren't special.

It appears neither they nor the vote hungry politicians understand that they are simply promoting the very position the groups spend so much effort trying to deny. But still, they love it.

14. GoingQuiet

GoingQuiet FFL/SOT Sponsor

The fundamental flaw to all hate crime legislation is that you are effectively saying that those who have been victimized - are a different, and dare I say second - class of citizen that requires a different punishment.

If a white person assaults a black person - it is a "hate crime".
    If a white person assaults a white person - it is not.

This is 2010. We hear the phrase equality and diversity et al thrown around and we create two classes of citizens with hate crime legislation that it is by definition treating people differently because of the color of their skin.

I'm not black.

I'm not gay.

But I'd like everyone treated equally - no more no less.

15. Cheytac

Cheytac

Interesting replies... :wavey:

16. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Hate Crimes are like Racism....... it benefits the professional baiters.