close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has there EVER been anything about a single stack 10mm?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by curtiswr, Jan 18, 2010.

1. curtiswr

curtiswr

Just got a G36 to accompany my G30 and first thing I could think was about how it would be very nice to have the option of 10mm in the same size as the G36.

Ever been anything mentioned to anyone's knowledge other than just wishful forum thinking?

2. legion3

legion3

Nope.

The G36 is the only slimline gun glock has done, it is also the Glock that has had some bad publicity with some issues early on. I have heard it referred to as Glock's red headed step-child. I had one briefly, mine worked fine I just was not fond of having a big part of the mag as part of the grip. (this is true of any gun with that design.) It wiggled in my grip and just did not feel as good as the fat old G30.

Others have complained that its not a fun gun to shoot, and have suggested it would be even worse in 10mm.

I don't think it is one of Glock's best sellers. Nor are the 10mm Glocks great sellers. Glock though has never discontinued a Gun or Caliber (so far).

I think if this was going to have occured, Glock would have done so by now. The G36 has been out a while.

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

The Glock 36 slide only weighs 12.4 oz and would need to be beefed up considerably to handle full powered 10mm loads. I don't know how much wider it would need to be to have enough mass.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

No, not really.

A G36 lower will mount and fire a G30 upper. When I get to my secret batcave tomorrow I'll mount a G29 upper on the G36 lower and cycle a few dummy rounds...I may (will) have to mangle a G36 mag (feed lips) to do this, but I have plenty!

'Drew

5. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

My Glock 36 is FAR from being fun to shoot........so much, that I retired it from carry, and now carry a Ruger SP101 .357 that, to ME, has less felt recoil with my personal defense rounds. Take it for what its worth. I don't see Glock making anymore Slimline guns unless they are 9mms.

6. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

They could even tone it down a hair and make it in .40/.357 SIG, see how well they perform, and then try making a 9.

7. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Nice, single stack 10mm.'s are available in the 1911 platform. What's not to like?

[​IMG]

8. curtiswr

curtiswr

Plenty...

The weight, the cost, the size, the grip safety, the thumb safety...

Will be keeping an eye on this thread for an update from NYC Drew. Sounds like it could be interesting! :supergrin:

9. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi

A .357SIG in a G36 platform would be very sweet.

10. robertwh

robertwh

I think a single stack 10mm would be great and popular. I have never heard any rumors about Glock producing one though.

My 36 is my favorite pistol to shoot and carry... I love it. Everybody is different. :supergrin:

...But... I am generally right on! :rofl:

11. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

No comprendi ?
    [​IMG]
    Brain Fart ???

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  12. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That is very nice. :thumbsup:

13. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

My Glock 36 is FAR from being fun to shoot........so much, that I retired it from carry, and now carry a Ruger SP101 .357 that, to ME, has less felt recoil with my personal defense rounds. Take it for what its worth. I don't see Glock making anymore Slimline guns unless they are 9mms.

I mounted my 36 slide on my 29 and love it!! Passed it around and everyone who liked Glocks liked the combination.

If you do not like the 36, then I doubt you'll like a Glock 29. Under 15 yards, I shoot my 26 and 29 most accurately.
    Chris

14. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

I never understood why people complain about the G36 not being "FUN" to shoot. I'm referring to those that think its a range gun, a gun you joy shoot with. Those people that buy the G36 need to understand its designed for the purpose of personal defense only. If you shoot straight and comfortable with it up to the amount reasonably needed to defend yourself, its an effective tool. You have to be comfortable with the gun you carry. Yeah after 50 rounds through it, it does start to hurt. I bought mine for defense only and nothing more. If I get into a situation where I have use it (I hope I never will) where I need more than 50 rounds, I'll be in a lot more trouble at that point. I love my G36, I'm comfortable with it, and I trust my life to it. Like Robertwh said, everybody's different.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  15. English

English

Drew,
    Sorry to hijack but could you describe the mangling process? I want to modify a G20 magazine to carry various 9mms. By my calculation and measurement it needs only 0.25mm on either side but the lips are tough and very difficult to get hold of. The rear end of the opening also seems to be blocked by the metal at the back of the magazine.

English

16. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I own a few Glocks, and I think I've shot every configuration available to civilians in the USA.
    By far, the G36 is the worst gun for me to shoot. If it's not a "range" gun, but a gun I would use for self defense, that would be even worse, as I would (I have) never gotten enough trigger time in on the gun to be really comfortable with it. From it's target trigger, to tiny grip, to snappy recoil, those three things make for an uncomfortable shooting experience.

I have not done anything yet, English. You can sit a 10mm round in a G36/G21 mag, but once you put more than three, they just pop out. So my "mangling" would be to do exactly what you wish to do - close in the feed lips just a wee bit so that more rounds can be loaded in the magazine.

Stay tuned. :)

'Drew