Glock Talk banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
The face eating is over the top, but playing with the victims fanny... that's off the chain. :rollingeyes:

Same sex marriage would have prevented this. :whistling:

Zombies are dead bodies that have been re-animated. Cannibals are people that eat human flesh. Let's get our horror mythology straight here. I am sick of the zombie talk. Cannibals are not zombies and vice-versa!

By the by, even a direct heart shot is not guaranteed to stop someone immediately, regardless of caliber. Only way to stop that hopped up freak instantly would have been a brain shot.

Nope. I carried a full size magnum before and I carry it still. Though now I'm starting to think I should bring an extra gun just to be on the safe side.

I think no matter how much you argue anything else, when you realize that even shotguns and rifles can fail to stop, and people have survived headshots, there are only two universal truths to stopping a threat. 1. Anything that will not entirely cause the threat to stop existing as a single cohesive entity will not be 100% certain to stop the threat in one shot. 2. Regardless of scale, things tend to die if you put enough holes in them. The only question is how many holes and how long will that take.

I guess you and I view rifle performance differently. My ideal of a rifle performance starts at 2000 fps and goes up from there regardless of size and weight of the projectile.

Well, consider that the 45-70 is quite an effective rifle round & doesn't even sniff 2000fps. Most that hunt will tell you a handgun in 44mag w/ full power loads is equiv to a 30-30 out to 75yds, then the 44mag loses vel very quickly. So yeah, I would put big handgun bullets moving fast in the rifle power catagory, at or above 1000ft# of energy. A 300grJHP @ 1200fps offers some pretty impressive wound ballistics, far more than any lesser handgun round. Yes there is recoil, but one well placed shot beats 3-4 poorly placed shots, self defense or hunting.
If the bullet does work, that is signifiicantly above any service round. Not that energy means a whole lot, but if you can get a bullet to do work, it counts for something.:dunno: Even the mighty 458winmag doesn't make 2000fps & few would put that in a handgun catagory.:whistling:

First of all, we know little or nothing about the placement of those 4 hits. Second, a human can function for up to 10 seconds after a shot through the heart, as long as they can fight through the shock and pain. This guy was out of his mind. I'm pretty sure the shock and pain failed to register.

As far as changing my carry load, not a chance. There are several proven loads that I am comfortable with. While I appreciate the data that Marshall collects, I'm much more concerned about my speed and placement than about a couple percentage points on one of his charts.

dfk Your correct... the 357 sig. is the best hand gun round out there... more energy than the 45 and the 10 mm
Which mans little if you don't get the bullet to do any work. Energy alone, at handgun vel, mans very little. Give me a crappy 9mm JHP over a 357sig FMJ anyday.:dunno: I do really like the 357sig though.

If you have lost confidence in your caliber one could carry a baseball bat as a backup weapon while in shopping in Zombie Town. :tongueout:

Now the question is What caliber bat? Will an ordinary pitcher's bat work or do we need a Zambrano (sp?) version?

Don't over analyze guys, In one of the modern translations of the scriptures it reads: " Somedays you get the bear, somedays the bear gets you."

If you have lost confidence in your caliber one could carry a baseball bat as a backup weapon while in shopping in Zombie Town. :tongueout:

Now the question is What caliber bat? Will an ordinary pitcher's bat work or do we need a Zambrano (sp?) version?

Don't over analyze guys, In one of the modern translations of the scriptures it reads: " Somedays you get the bear, somedays the bear gets you."
Alum bats are too light & wood bats break. I recommend a 36" pry bar. It's a multi tasker too, you can open doors & gates, dig w/ it, etc.:supergrin:

Ok fredj338 the only advantage the 9mm has over the 357 sig. is the ammo is cheeper. bullet or projectile being the same the 357 sig is a 357 mag. in semi auto. uz2buamc the 10mm ammo is more expensive than the 357 sig. the recoil alot heaver and at twenty five yards the 357 sig. has more foot pounds of energy than your brick that you tote

Ok fredj338 the only advantage the 9mm has over the 357 sig. is the ammo is cheeper. bullet or projectile being the same the 357 sig is a 357 mag. in semi auto. uz2buamc the 10mm ammo is more expensive than the 357 sig. the recoil alot heaver and at twenty five yards the 357 sig. has more foot pounds of energy than your brick that you tote
Sorry bud, the recoil isn't that bad in comparison to the sig. The sig is pretty snappy especially given that the weapon is lighter. Also, the 10mm has roughly the same energy as the .357 muzzle energy... at 50yds.

Ok fredj338 the only advantage the 9mm has over the 357 sig. is the ammo is cheeper.
Uh...no.

As compared to .357 sig the 9x19 has a greater capacity and more common/easy to find ammunition as well as the cost benefit, and probably quicker follow up shots as well. Yes, the sig round has some advantages, but to pretend that ammo cost is the ONLY advantage of 9 in that comparison shows either ignorance or an intentional misrepresentation in order to support a bias.

bullet or projectile being the same the 357 sig is a 357 mag. in semi auto.
Uh...no. At least not quite.

I am comparing the specs for some of the hottest available and I see +160 FPS for the .357 mag. Each in a 4" barrel, each 125gr. Same manufacturer.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.