1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,359 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the mask and social distancing are having a profound effect on flu I’d think that would also translate to a substantial decrease in covid as well but those are being reported in record numbers... I know correlation between two viruses is really an exercise in futility but it is interesting.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Don't think the flu shot is helping this year. I know 5 people that got the flu shot about a month ago and had the flu in the last two weeks.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think the flu shot is helping this year. I know 5 people that got the flu shot about a month ago and had the flu in the last two weeks.
The video states that over the past two weeks of this year 61 cases have been reported vs 1251 cases in the same two weeks last year. The two people you know are a big relative % of that 61! (If they were in the reported numbers)

·
Registered
30,847 Posts
Let's say a lot of COVID-19 cases are actually flu. That means the death rate for COVID-19 is higher than we think. Feel better?

·
Registered
30,847 Posts
How many people are getting both COVID-19 and flu at the same time? It has to be pretty small, at least this early in the flu season.

Reactions: Westexas

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,353 Posts
The flu vaccine takes about 2 weeks to fully take effect. My PCP told me he thinks the flu season may not be too bad this year due to folks wearing masks, washing their hands more often and due to social distancing. I pray he is right.

·
Registered
30,271 Posts
Nah, but mask wearing and social distancing may be having an effect. Also more people may be getting vaccinated and the vaccine may be a better match to the seasonal flu virus this season. It’s also a bit early. We didn’t start seeing a lot of flu cases until late November or early December most years.
It can’t work both ways, the mask works for flu but doesn’t for kung flu. We are in a huge spike in the kung flu cases despite the vast use of masks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was pointing out to my friends and family since early spring that the media was failing to report on the number of flu and pneumonia cases. Moreover, PCR testing is HIGHLY unreliable. Even the person who invented it said it wasn't reliable for such testing purposes. He happened to die of a heart attack just weeks before the 2019-2020 flu season started.

The truth in my opinion after studying what the right scientists have to say is that COVID-19 is utter B.S. You would be surprised what you can learn about this if you turn off the mainstream media and start digging for what is being suppressed. Here are two articles worth reading from Dr. Stefan Lanka, a German biologist who discovered the first ocean megavirus. The first article was written in January of this year with the follow up of the second in September. By the way, no, I am not a disciple of David Icke (who is in the url), but he had the translation of the first article:

Part 1 - https://davidicke.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Paper-Virus-Lanka-002.pdf

Part 2 - https://yummy.doctor/blog/misinterp...lanka-beginning-and-end-of-the-corona-crisis/

I advise everyone to research the other side of arguments before joining the crowd and calling people crazy conspiracists. As a bonus, I am going to link a video I think you should watch that isn't dealing with COVID-19, per se, but it is dealing with an alternative to germ theory called German New Medicine (GNM). It's only called GNM because the physician who studied this phenomenon for decades couldn't use the name "new medicine" in the United States (which is what it was called in other countries). The long and the short of it is that cancer, AIDS, and most disease is not what we were told, and understanding what this woman is talking about could be detrimental to you or someone you care about. Review the opinions and form your own and not someone else's (we can't afford to do that any longer).

View: https://youtu.be/GjUaHOEVJhE

Again, I am not telling people what to believe, but you should have all the information and we don't (and never underestimate big pharma and their influence).

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
It can’t work both ways, the mask works for flu but doesn’t for kung flu. We are in a huge spike in the kung flu cases despite the vast use of masks.
I hope you’re joking. Depending on the mask type and the size of the virus, it will work for both.

For example, a P100 (NIOSH code) or a P3 (ABEK gas canister code) is designed for all biological agents including viruses.

An ordinary cloth mask is more of a crap shoot. Better than nothing.
Maybe.

Something else that comes into play is the R0. For seasonal flu it’s between 1.5-2.0. For this virus it’s 3-7. Extraordinarily high for a zoonotic virus jumping into humans. Already adapted for efficient human to human transmission with no adaptation period. Pretty glaring example of at least limited human manipulation of the genome.

That’s the reason it appears that masks have little effect on the spread of this virus. The R0 is very high. And that ladies and gentlemen is a huge red flag.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
If the mask and social distancing are having a profound effect on flu I’d think that would also translate to a substantial decrease in covid as well but those are being reported in record numbers... I know correlation between two viruses is really an exercise in futility but it is interesting.
Difference in the R0 comes into play. SARS CoV 2 has a much higher R0 than seasonal flu.

Pretty amazing when you consider that Avian Flu viruses not only have a much higher mutation rate but can also swap genetic sequences with other flu viruses. And yet, not one of these going all the way back to 1997 when H5N1 first jumped to humans has achieved efficient human to human transmission. There’s a plethora of Avian Flu viruses that have jumped to humans in recent years, yet none has completely adapted to humans.

Yep, China got a pass on their little Science project escaping from the lab. I can’t wait to see what escapes next.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
When all you look for is COVID all you find is COVID. Not to mention the testing widely used is quite flawed. Good luck getting any factual statistics.

·
Registered
30,271 Posts
I’m sorry Westexas, but the vast majority are not wearing P100, let alone P3 or even N95 masks.
Almost the entire population of the United States are wearing either a cloth mask or the disposable earloop masks. As I said, if these masks in common usage prevent the transmission of the virus, but not the contraction of the virus, then why have we seen a huge spike in kung flu cases. Now all the maskholes will hide behind the argument that we are seeing more kung flu because we are testing more, which of course is true. But the maskholes dismissed out of hand because it didn’t fit their narrative.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
When all you look for is COVID all you find is COVID. Not to mention the testing widely used is quite flawed. Good luck getting any factual statistics.
According to my wife, the rapid ELISA test currently being used detects Coronaviruses in general. It is not specific for SARS CoV 2. Obviously, you get false positives.

The PCR testing is specific for two core antigens found only in SARS CoV 2. It is a reliable test, however, it takes at least 2 hours to run.

Since I’m retired from the Medical field, I’m not up on the latest developments with this virus. My wife is still working and actually does this testing.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I’m sorry Westexas, but the vast majority are not wearing P100, let alone P3 or even N95 masks.
Almost the entire population of the United States are wearing either a cloth mask or the disposable earloop masks. As I said, if these masks in common usage prevent the transmission of the virus, but not the contraction of the virus, then why have we seen a huge spike in kung flu cases. Now all the maskholes will hide behind the argument that we are seeing more kung flu because we are testing more, which of course is true. But the maskholes dismissed out of hand because it didn’t fit their narrative.
I actually think we are in agreement. While P100’s and P3’s are effective against both viruses, cloth masks are far more problematic. They simply will not perform well against a disease with an R0 between 3-7.

Edit: I realize that most people are not wearing respirators. In fact, I’ve only seen two in this area. One wore a half mask respirator and the other had a gas mask. I believe it was a 4A1. No frills, but very effective and well made.

As an example. Let’s say that a two ply cloth mask reduces the R0 of both viruses by just one.
That’s sufficient to reduce the spread of the flu to an R0 of 0.5-1.0. SARS CoV 2 is reduced to an R0 of 2-6.

In conclusion, seasonal flu would be extremely hampered in its transmission while SARS CoV 2 would just keep spreading.

·
Registered
30,271 Posts
I hope you’re joking. Depending on the mask type and the size of the virus, it will work for both.

For example, a P100 (NIOSH code) or a P3 (ABEK gas canister code) is designed for all biological agents including viruses.

An ordinary cloth mask is more of a crap shoot. Better than nothing.
Maybe.

Something else that comes into play is the R0. For seasonal flu it’s between 1.5-2.0. For this virus it’s 3-7. Extraordinarily high for a zoonotic virus jumping into humans. Already adapted for efficient human to human transmission with no adaptation period. Pretty glaring example of at least limited human manipulation of the genome.

That’s the reason it appears that masks have little effect on the spread of this virus. The R0 is very high. And that ladies and gentlemen is a huge red flag.
According to the best estimate from cdc, the R0 for covid, as of 9/10/20, is 2.5. For comparison, one source had the Spanish flu at R0 of 1.4 to 2.8 with a mean value of 2, while seasonal flu has an R0 of 0.9 to 2.1 with a mean value of 1.3. Now the “R-naught” is not a DEATH NUMBER, just an indication of contagiousness.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
According to the best estimate from cdc, the R0 for covid, as of 9/10/20, is 2.5. For comparison, one source had the Spanish flu at R0 of 1.4 to 2.8 with a mean value of 2, while seasonal flu has an R0 of 0.9 to 2.1 with a mean value of 1.3. Now the “R-naught” is not a DEATH NUMBER, just an indication of contagiousness.
Unfortunately, the R0 is fluid and influenced by the use of PPE. Early on, the R0 was between 3-7 simply because precautions were not widespread. This was probably the most accurate number. Once PPE and hand washing become more widespread, the R0 drops.

The most accurate way to measure R0 would be to infect one person (without them knowing it) and then track everyone they come in contact with (without anyone knowing it) and then tracking disease transmission.

Obviously not ethical nor practical. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the ChiComs have done it with their own people.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts