close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has Anyone Tried the Jared Subway Plan?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, May 1, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

Has anyone here actually tried to follow the Jared Subway plan?

We are walking in the park as a family each day in the evenings, and the Subway is convenient. We can buy 2 footlongs and have carrots or chips and a drink at home for less than $13.

I think we are going to experiment with this for a couple of weeks to see how this works.

2. droidfire

droidfire

Who is Jared, and how much does Subway pay him?

3. Creatism

Creatism

It'll work up to a certain point then you actually have to start making your own meals.
    I used it at work for a while and it does work.

Typed from my iPhone.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

The "science" behind the "Subway Diet" only makes sense. You basically cut your fat, you start exercising, and voila, you lose weight. So I can already tell you, it will work if you do your job.

That said, I can see some things wrong with it.
    1. You skip breakfast. If for some reason you go a long time between your previous nights dinner, and lunch, or breakfast and lunch... you may find yourself ready to eat anything in sight.

2. Boredom. How long can someone who is not REALLY motivated, eat Subway and only Subway, 2x a day. I just couldn't imagine that.

3. In all likelihood, you're going to put any weight lost, back on. Once you reach your goal, it's unlikely you're going to eat "just Subway" for the rest of your life. Because you went through this diet, you've not really developed a healthy diet. There's actually pictures and articles floating around of Jared showing that he has put on quite a bit of weight and that he had to "restart" his plan. Granted, most of those are about a year or so old, but the point stands (he blamed several things IIRC, divorce, not exercising, etc.)

4. It's kinda pricey. $400 a month. Will you have to continue to shop at the grocery store, for other members of the family? (kids, etc..). I guess if you're making very good money, this wouldn't be an issue. For some, it definitely good be. Then you run into problem #3 if the diet gets to expensive and you cannot stick with it.

Personally, I'm a big fan of low carb diets (Atkins). When I got sick several years ago, and I was laid up for about 5mo, I put on a good bit of weight... I dropped it pretty quick w/ Atkins. As I started to recover, get back to work, get back to the gym, etc. I decided to stick with eating a diet that was much lower in carbs than I had been eating. Now, it's almost second nature to watch my carb intake, and I actually start to feel very tired if my carb count is to high.

Good luck w/ whatever you decide.

5. XDfense

XDfense

I went to school with Jared and knew of his story long before Subway picked him up as a spokesman. I have tried and succeeded with the Subway diet. However, I do get tired of Subway after a few months and tend to lose interest in the diet. They have a ton of options but after a while they all start to taste the same. So, I'm on this diet for about 3 months and off for 1 month and then again.

If you stick to one of the Jared endorsed subs and refrain from heavy mayo, cheese, and chips, you should see results. I usually get a turkey and ham on wheat with no cheese, all the veggies, and oil and vinegar. I'll pair that with their bag of apples and a bottle of water.

I will say I also feel better by eating a lighter lunch. Good on you for getting your family out and exercising. That alone is an accomplishment.

6. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

+1 if you want to go on a short term diet and if you are OK spending your money on lunch and diner at subway, I would think it would work.

However, you can get the same results making your own sandwiches :dunno:

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

8. NOLA_glock

NOLA_glock Shrug Life

Why not just buy bread and turkey and veggies and make your own sandwiches? Or just, I dunno, eat less of whatever you eat now? That will work just as well and you won't have to make yourself eat different stuff.

9. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

This!

For a LOT cheaper also!!

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

What is the plan, one Subway sandwich a day or one for each meal and what sandwiches specifically are on the plan? Are the chips and cookies part of it. Details..................

:50cal:

11. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

You can also try the eat 1500 calories a day, and walk every day, diet. That works, too. :)

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. samuse

samuse

Sounds like a good yo-yo diet that will eventually give you cancer.

Subway may have low calories but it ain't healthy by a long shot...

13. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

That doesn't sound very magical at all!

14. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

Jimmy John's would taste better.

/ Jared ate 6" veggie delights and turkey subs, not foot long anythings.

15. bchandler

bchandler

Sure it will work. It's called consuming fewer calories than you burn. You can do the same with any fast food restaurant, really.

16. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

Didn't he walk 1.5miles round trip twice a day (twice to and from Subway) and eat about 1500 cal a day for a year? For a 6ft man in his twenty's, that is a an excellent plan.

Eat less and exercise more.

What a concept.

17. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

It's a simple concept, no 'diet plan' required.

18. jp3975

jp3975

My mom has jenny craig meals shipped to the house and she's lost a ton of weight without changing exercise habits.

19. Dubble-Tapper

Dubble-Tapper

thank you for posting what i was thinking. :rofl:

that episode was great.

20. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Subway must be pleased people are talking about the old Jared commercials from 2000-2008.