close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has anyone tried out any of the backpacks available on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by JHill, Jan 22, 2006.

1. JHill

JHill

In trying to get some equipment together, I perused ebay to check out the packs. There are a ton of new, inexpensive 5000-6500cu in. packs available w/ just a few top-of-the-line, name brand expensive stuff there.

So, I gotta ask, "Has anyone actually bought and tried out one of these packs--are they good enough for the occasional backpacking enthusiast?
    Ex:[​IMG]
    5500cu in. buy it now= $45.95

[​IMG]
    6400cu in buy it now= $49.95

PLEASE DON'T BASH THIS QUESTION JUST BECAUSE OF THE PRICE...

2. eagles405

eagles405

First of all what kind of occasional backpacking are you planning on? Back country week and two week trips or weekend trips? The most important thing to look at is the cloth material. If it is a cheep cloth it will tare quickly. One of the worst things that can happen beyond yourself getting hurt in the back country is a backpack breaking. I got one from ebay several years ago and did not have a good experience with it. I can't say anything about the one you are looking at because mine was a different brand. What I can say though is if you are looking at backpacking for many more years spend the extra and get a nice backpack. If this is your first time and if it is a short trip try one from ebay and pack some sowing stuff. You also might try www.rei-outlet.com. They sometimes have some nice stuff cheaper. Another place I like is www.camppor.com, they have some nice deals too. If you have anymore questions let me know. Good hiking, fishing, hunting or camping

Eagles 405

3. KodiakG-22C

KodiakG-22C

Backpacks are like most things in life! You get what you pay for.
    Last summer I picked up a Kelty Coyote from BassPro and spent around $150 on it. I really like it and it will last me for many trips into the woods. My buddy also picked one up at the same time and was looking at the price insted of quality. He spent around $50 and after he packed it full a few times and put it through it's paces the zippers are starting to blow out on it.
    The packs your looking at may be very good for what your going to use them for. But if your going to be stuffing them full and using them alot I would look at getting something a little better.
    Thats just my .02

Good Luck, Have fun and Be safe!

Kodiak

4. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Or is it straps?

Or zippers?

Or stitching?

Or frame?

Or size?

Or shape?

5. Boston_Irish

Boston_Irish

I carry a Gregory pack and my wife carries an Arc'teryx. Love them both. We both started out with with Lowe Alpine packs. Very durable, excellent price and quite comfortable. Check sierratradingpost.com also. Good luck