Has anyone tried a Legacy Firearms Co holster?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by alou, Apr 25, 2017.

1. alou

alou

I need an appendix holster for my Glock 23. I've used Comp Tac and Garrett Industries (which I really like). I want to try something different and stumbled onto Legacy Firearms Co holsters. They seem well made and I'm intrigued by the RCS VG claw. Specifically, I'm looking at the Centaur and Legacy models. Has anyone used holsters from this company? I can't find any reviews other than from their website. Also, does anyone have any experience with appendix holsters that hold both the pistol and a spare mag (Legacy model)? It's a great idea but seems extremely bulky and uncomfortable. Thanks.

[​IMG] http://legacyfirearmsco.com/centaur-appendix/

[​IMG] http://legacyfirearmsco.com/the-legacy/

Gfive45 likes this.
  2. nursetim

nursetim

3. alou

alou

Can't justify trying it. No answer when I call or email. Hmmm.....

4. Gfive45

Gfive45

+1

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. mikemyr

mikemyr

I have the minimalist. I had an ares but I believe I gave it to my brother in law. He uses it still. They are pretty well made. I did not use the appendix rugs they make but I did use the minimalist as an appendix and it was pretty comfortable to be honest. My only complaint about it was that it had a single small clip. Sometimes it would cant on my belt. If you swapped it with a fat clip it would be awesome in my opinion. (If your not one of those "what in tarnation is that open top thing" kinda people) retention was actually pretty good as well. The company generally, I'll speak well of. However I ended up in love with a trex sidecar. I can fit my 19,17... He'll i even did a 35 one day for the f of it...

6. alou

alou

Well as an update, I’ve tried the Legacy. Solid holster but does a horrible job concealing at least for my body type I’m 5’8 170 lbs. As far as “sidecar” holsters go, I’ve found Tier 1 is the best compromise of concealability and comfort.

mikemyr likes this.
  7. mikemyr

mikemyr

Yeah I have a hard time concealing anywhere but appendix. The claws don't do my very much justice. I'm 6'3 and 230 pounds but it just doesn't fit my person. Even if baggier shirts and goodies, I still have trouble.