Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
I fixed my wifes G19 Gen 4 with White Sound HERD, and an extractor I got at a local gunshop. (non-LCI) When I bought the pistol it had all the other updated internals. I checked that before I bought.

The Glock Hater is still here to badmouth Glocks. :wow:
I never understood that. If someone hates Glocks they should p#ss off and go to the Beretta forum or something. I get that people are frustrated with this issue (I haven't seen it on my Glock) but some seem to come on here just to bash Glock.

Ho do you get brass to the face, unless you are practicing defensive-hold shooting, or something like that? I have a Model 26 Gen4, almost new. Ejection was erratic for the first four or five magazines. After that it became a bit more predictable. Seems normal to me. One thing I proved to myself, and this is for the Glock haters, when I pull the trigger on this new Glock, it does exactly what my other Glocks have done - "BANG". No FTE or FTF. It just shoots. It is easy to clean, and it is easy to check the safety system. It won't rust, and it feels terrific in the hand. It shoots straight, and it needs no modifications, except some really good night sights.

Ho do you get brass to the face, unless you are practicing defensive-hold shooting, or something like that?
Before you say that, do the research. There are PLENTY of videos showing ejection to the right, to the rear and to the left. Any way you cut it, ejection to the LEFT is wrong!
I have a Model 26 Gen4, almost new. Ejection was erratic for the first four or five magazines. After that it became a bit more predictable. Seems normal to me.
Not every gun fails and most don't fail until they get up around 1000 rounds. Yours may never fail. But that doesn't diminish the fact that other guns are failing. Including my G21SF. For the first several hundred rounds it ejected to the right a couple of feet. Not robust but ok. Now, a fair percentage of the brass is coming straight back, dribbling off my right arm and, yes, ejecting to the left. Not the kind of thing I want to see. Most of the complaints revolve around 9mm but that's only because most of the gun sales are 9mm.
One thing I proved to myself, and this is for the Glock haters, when I pull the trigger on this new Glock, it does exactly what my other Glocks have done - "BANG". No FTE or FTF. It just shoots. It is easy to clean, and it is easy to check the safety system. It won't rust, and it feels terrific in the hand. It shoots straight, and it needs no modifications, except some really good night sights.
And that certainly isn't unique to Glock. I have Colts, Sigs and even an XD9 and they all work just fine with everything I shoot.

The real disappointment isn't that there are problems with Glocks. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a universal 'fix' that makes all these threads go away.

I bought a Glock because I had heard good things about the platform and I had never owned one. It was just an experiment as I certainly didn't need another .45. Seems I came to the dance too late. The Glock Perfection was long gone.

Nobody comes with the intent to start yet another thread re: poor ejection. They come here because they HAVE poor ejection and want to know if there is even a possibility that it can be corrected. Everybody want their Glocks to run like the old guns. The guns that used to be Perfect.

Richard

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Finally......

Sent it to Glock and when it came back it ran great for 35 rounds, the next two were typical for the original problem. Ran total of 100 rounds thru it and had a total of 9 hits to the head and 3 went forward.
So me being me, I took out the HRED and installed it (got here while waiting on return from Glock).
It helped but after two hits in 30 rounds I didn't think it was fixed.
In goes the apex extractor and as of now, 300 rounds later I have not had a single "soft ejection", b.t.f. or ANY issues what so ever.
It is now, IMHO a Glock...
Thank you for your input!

I have one of the new all american Glocks. I was told by the Glock reresentative when I spoke with him after my last replacement gun their was no new non-dipped extractor. Still insisted that it was an ejector problem. Got my new GEN4 G19 and it has a non-dip extractor.
So far it's been good for over 200 rounds. I'm still leary. Two other replacement GEN4 G19's were good for 800 and 2000 rounds before problems. I have the APEX extractor if I need it. But I'm going to stick with the stock one to see if it gives me any trouble. So far good ejection between 3:00-4:00 even with cheap 115gr. stuff.
Which being SAMMI SPEC it should work. Still likes the heavier hotter stuff better. But as I mentioned in other posts I've now seen two G17's at my local Academy Sports with non-dipped extractors. Both late model GEN's. All the others had the dipped extractor. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. But it's not a myth.

Yes. My Glock 26 Gen 4 gave me BTF from round one out of the box. Gotta figure the tester took two to the face too but shipped the gun anyway.

My fault - I expected "Glock perfection." My expectations were wrong. I read the new book Glock, America's Gun and learned the perfection pitch is a myth. So now I accept the imperfection and the Glock no-service.

First thing I did was install a steel recoil spring guide. No clue why that worked but it did reroute 100% of the brass from hitting me in the face to raining down on my head/hat.

Second thing I did was grit my teeth and spring for an Apex Tactical gen 4 extractor and plunger spring thingie. That moved the brass to 4 o'clock. No BTF or head since.

So yes, there is a fix - at least for my G26 Gen 4. Did have to wait for the Apex Tactical stuff to become available. Apparently there's quite a market in making parts that work to replace Glock's OEM parts.

And I sure wish I'd gotten a good one so I could post that I'd never had a problem instead of do all the research to try to figure out how to fix the thing...and that those folks on the forum that never had a problem got this gun....but...if life were fair I'd been dead long ago.

Have a recent production glock17gen3 that had the BTF problem. Had a glock armorer look at it and said it was within factory specs and to try 124 grain ammo, tried that and still had the problem. Sent gun to glock, they replaced extractor, firing pin, saftey sleeve, firing pin spring, firing pin spring cups, slide lock,slide lock spring, trigger housing with ejector, and trigger with trigger bar? Had about 1800 round through gun. The guns works perfectly now. No BTF and strong ejection. Have about 200 rounds through since getting gun back an zero problems.

Sent gun to glock, they replaced extractor, firing pin, saftey sleeve, firing pin spring, firing pin spring cups, slide lock,slide lock spring, trigger housing with ejector, and trigger with trigger bar? Had about 1800 round through gun. The guns works perfectly now. No BTF and strong ejection. Have about 200 rounds through since getting gun back an zero problems.
It seems like they keep throwing part at it in hope somehow it gets fixed...

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.