Glock Talk banner

Have you drawn your weapon in Self Defense?

• Yes

Votes: 82 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 92 43.6%
  • Came very close but gun remained in holster

Votes: 37 17.5%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
Nope, not even close. But I'm also a "homeboy", don't go to the big cities much at all. And when I travel, it is usually to the standard touristy places that are usually safer than some bad part of a city.

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
Oooo... now I want to change my answer.

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
A much more important question: has anyone here had a truthful letter published in Penthouse Forum?
Is Penthouse Forum still a thing?

• Haha
Reactions: Pierre!

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
These days, crime is not only in "big cities",,,It's just as likely in small towns or in the country. That's what makes it so unexpected when it happens. There have been shootouts and hostage situations in my town, which at last count has a population of just over 1200 people. Yes, twelve hundred, not 12 thousand. If you're going to carry, it should be everywhere....the grocery store, the ATM, in your car, at home, etc. I carry just like I wear a watch. It's a tool I might need anywhere, at any time.
Very much so. Just in the last couple years my little wealthy Connecticut town has had a bunch of cars stolen, cars searched through for whatever, and shoplifting in the last year is getting out of control.

I have never had to draw, but I very much keep my eyes open to what is going on around me. My wife drives me nuts, she had absolutely no situational awareness - which is why I like when she goes out and takes the dog with her. The dog is aware, and keeps her aware (and protected).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts