Glock Talk banner

Have you drawn your weapon in Self Defense?

• Yes

Votes: 74 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 43.8%
  • Came very close but gun remained in holster

Votes: 34 17.7%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have been reading all the caliber debates and snubby vs semi posts as well. I know this forum is a mix of past/present LEO’s as well as active/ex military and many private citizens (like me) that are trying to carry out daily lives while also being responsible CCW holders.

With all that being said - how many of you here have truly ever had to draw and shoot in self defense? Do you have any Lessons Learned you would be willing to share?

[Moderator Note:] The Poll is for two questions.
1. Have you ever had to draw your weapon in a self-defense situation?
2. Have you displayed your weapon or otherwise made it known you are carrying but not drawn?

That is the Poll.

The text of Post 1# poses a new question, "Have you fired your weapon in self-defense?" Don't answer this if you don't want to.
All this is voluntary.
You are under no obligation to respond with your personal experience.

Last he asks, "Do you have any Lessons Learned you would be willing to share?"
Here is the chance to educate others if you want to.

Let me repeat what Sam Spade said.
Strong recommendation for anyone who hasn't had his situation finalized legally: don't comment in detail.
RussP [/Note]

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Nope, not even close. But I'm also a "homeboy", don't go to the big cities much at all. And when I travel, it is usually to the standard touristy places that are usually safer than some bad part of a city.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Only during active service days. When im out as a civilian I try to blend in as best possible and leave any areas I’m not comfortable in. I believe you can look like a hard target or soft target. I carry myself in a way that does not invite trouble, I pray it stays that way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I highly advise no one answer this newbie with anything remotely truthful. That is a very personal question.
why is my question so controversial? If the mods want to delete it then they can certainly do so. But why encourage members to openly not tell the truth?

And yes this is a personal question so noone needs to feel compelled or obligated to reply.

·
Registered
563 Posts
why is my question so controversial? If the mods want to delete it then they can certainly do so. But why encourage members to openly not tell the truth?

And yes this is a personal question so noone needs to feel compelled or obligated to reply.
Bro don’t let trolls get to you. Got some great folks on this board (I’m limited experience here since I’m still pretty new). Just ignore the negativity. Some people have nothing better to do than try to get under your skin. Your question was reasonable in my opinion but likely people will give general answers…keep Glockin bro!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bro don’t let trolls get to you. Got some great folks on this board (I’m limited experience here since I’m still pretty new). Just ignore the negativity. Some people have nothing better to do than try to get under your skin. Your question was reasonable in my opinion but likely people will give general answers…keep Glockin bro!!
thanks man - just trying to ingest as much good info from the members here(y)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts