close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Has anyone ever seen a marketing campaign like this? Bushmaster...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by humanguerrilla, Dec 21, 2012.

1. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/20/opinion/waldman-guns-manhood/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I had never seen the mentioned advertising, but I am positive other gun manufacturers have not done this crap which is the lead story, centered with big art on CNNs website. As much as I do agree with Freud that irrational fear of weapons is likely a sign of retarded emotional and sexual development, this stuff seems like a misguided advertising campaign designed by those who don't shoot. It ignores the respect we give firearms as essential tools in an attempt to maybe appeal to what it thinks fits a younger, less mature audience. More excellent, tailor made fodder for the antis.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  2. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Nobody remembers the round table man card commercials? I think they were for beer.

3. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

I've heard about the same ads recently, and I don't recall seeing them prior to this particular conversation starting, either -- but, then again, it's certainly possible I've just been reading different magazines than some folks, or glossing over the ads by reflex.

For what it's worth, of course, it's not like guns are the only products advertised in that sort of way. Sports cars. Beer. Trucks. Dr. Pepper. All sorts of stuff gets shamelessly advertised to men, just the same way all sorts of stuff gets shamelessly advertised to women.

4. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

One look at the kook who wrote the article ... Oh man!

The television (TV) is laying down the law for reality again via retards that think the TV is how life works. Unreal!

5. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg

Total propaganda BS from the communist who wrote the article.

6. Chonny

Chonny

This guy is probably from the east coast.