Has anyone ever bought from Centerfire Systems or Northwest Armory?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CladderPup, Oct 23, 2020.

1. CladderPup

CladderPup

I am looking to buy a certain handgun and it's only available at these two vendors. I've noticed a lot of guns that I've searched for on gun.deals lately have been a similar story. Only available at one, the other or both. Only thing is I have zero experience with them. Has anyone here done business with either one? How was your experience?

My only hesitation is if it's not actually in stock and gets canceled 7 days later after they realize they have no stock, it would be a waste of my time and loss of opportunity to buy it elsewhere. This happened earlier this year with an order I placed at iammo.com. The gun was out of stock elsewhere except for iammo; but after a week, I heard back that iammo had to cancel due to actually having no stock. Their website only displayed the item as "in stock" because of an error (they did apologize for the mistake, btw).

Buds does have this particular gun in stock (1 left), but I'd have to subscribe to their "Team Buds" club to buy it at all, which I suppose I could do...but it's not like I have an urgent need to buy a gun right now, and that kind of thing annoys me out of principle, so I'd rather just buy it elsewhere.

2. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

I've used Centerfire Systems for both guns and accessories. I have no complaints, everything went smoothly. But it has been a few years since my last order, don't know how they're handling things now during the current market craziness.

3. serger

serger

What did they say when you called them?

4. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

Actually, I have a pistol on the way from Northwest Armory right now. It's supposed to arrive Monday. This has been the first time I've ordered from NWA.

NWA has three store fronts - two in Oregon (Portland and Tigard) and one in Arizona (Scottsdale) - but the websales department of NWA will pull your item from the inventory of whichever store has it in stock (Portland in my case). Therefore, I'm not sure that the stock status on the website is necessarily "live".

Before I ordered, I checked around on the Internet for reviews. NWA has mixed reviews, but the negative reviews seem to be mostly about bad in-store customer service. I didn't see anything bad (or good) about Internet sales, so I placed the order.

Email communication has been timely and, judging by the tracking number results, they mailed it promptly upon receipt of payment and my dealer's FFL copy. All that remains now is to see if they sent the right gun and how it arrives.

I would note, however, that all the emails I got from NWA wound up in my spam folder, so if you do order from NWA be sure to check that.

Northwest Armory: so far, so good.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  5. teeuu

teeuu Silver Member

I've bought from Northwest Armory both in-store & over the internet. For the internet purchase the pistol I wanted was only in stock at their store in Scottsdale, which was clearly stated on the website. I could have had it shipped to a NWA near me for pickup but instead chose to have it shipped to a range where I'm a member. No problems.

For the in-store purchase I got a very good deal on an unfired Sig P228.

So I like these folks.

6. CladderPup

CladderPup

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Good to hear that both stores have decent reputations. Like I said, I'm mostly just worried about ordering from somewhere I've never heard of and having the order go into a black hole of a backorder without telling me. Sounds like that's probably not the case here.

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

What are you ordering?

8. familyman357

familyman357 I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.

For what it’s worth, the pistol arrived from NWA on time and with no problems.