close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

HarryCallahan - Negative

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by h2o-5o, Jan 19, 2007.

1. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

I sold HarryCallahan a belt, new, never worn, for $75 shipped. He received it, acknowledged receipt, and said "Thanks". A day later, he starts claiming he "just now" had time to examine it, and it was worn, stained, cracked, etc. He refused to send pictures, saying "you have to see it". He demanded $80 plus $5 shipping to return it, sent prior to him returning it.

Sellers beware, HarryCallahan will try to scam you.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=7501933

2. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan

I received the belt on 1/16, and let h2o-5o know that it arrived as per his request. I made no statements about it's condition until I had the chance to examine it the following evening. I PM'd h2o-5o 1/18 letting him know that the belt I received showed evidence of been worn often and had sweat or water damage to the hardware. Pictures were sent to h2o-5o documenting the condition of the belt I described in detail. I asked for a refund of what I spent for the belt including shipping because the belt was advertised as new, unused and obviously wasn't. All I got was a cussing out by h2o-5o when I asked him to make it right. What I learned from this is take what h2o-5o sends you and keep your mouth shut if it's not what he says it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

HarryCallahan is a scammer. He has demanded MORE money than he spent refunded, sent prior to him returning the belt. He initially refused to send pics, simply demanding money. The pics he has are NOT the condition the belt was in when I sent it to him. The pics I have posted are accurate, and show the belt in the condition I sent it to him in. I don't know if he has destroyed my belt, or has another belt he's trying to get replaced.

FYI, I have lots of positive feedback listed in the "Smart Shopper" forum.

4. crossfire40

crossfire40

h2o-05o,
    You posted pictures of two BLACK belts and Harry's pictures are of a BROWN belt and a black belt.
    What's up?

5. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

I sold to HarryCallahan a new, never worn, Kramer double-thick horsehide gunbelt, size 42, in BLACK finish, for $75 shipped, paid via Paypal. He demanded $80 plus $5 shipping refunded to him.

As to the BROWN belt shown, as best as I can recall, since I do not have another Kramer belt to compare it with, I believe Kramer only uses black polish on the OUTSIDE of their black finish horsehide belts, and the INSIDE is left the natural BROWN color. Again, this is only from memory, and frankly, I never paid much attention to it, since I never wore the belt.

I deal with criminal minds most every day, and I have gotten rather good at picking apart their lies. Clues such as the two day delay to notice an "obviously used" belt, demanding more money than he spent, wanting payment without returning the item first for inspection, plus a few other cards I'm holding close, leave no doubt as to his motivations. These are aside from the facts that I know what I sent him, know what condition it was in, and have photos to support that. Frankly, I have little sympathy or compassion for liars and thieves.

6. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan

The inside of the belt is natural brown, and as you can see, shows evidence that the belt has been worn along with the wear on the belt buckle and corrosion on the brass. I have more pictures that were sent but it's just overkill. The belt was sold as new and unused, when I received it and then inspected it the belt showed signs of considerable use. When I brought this to h2o-5o's attention, he was going to hear nothing of it - he sold me a "new, unused" belt and that was the final word.

Don't bother asking for a full refund of your money either, you'll be labeled as a scammer.

7. Keeperofthedew

Keeperofthedew

Obviously neither of you are happy, and one is lying. Since neither will be happy any way this is settled you could do one of several things, this is my suggestion:

HarryCallahan ships belt back to h2o-5o and pays for the shipping. h2o-5o then refunds HarryCallahan's $75.

HarryCallahan is out shipping one way (with most stores you loose shipping both ways).
    h2o-5o is out no money and gets the belt back and can resell it if he wishes.

Just my $.02
    Keeper

8. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

You're kinda missing my point. The belt he has pictured and described is NOT in the condition (if it's even the same one) that I sold it to him in.

9. Keeperofthedew

Keeperofthedew

Which would kill any value it had.
    Sorry, didn't think of that.

10. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan

Too bad (for me) that it's the belt h2o-5o sent in the exact condition I received it. I have only handled it to examine and take photos that h2o-5o requested. He refused to acknowledge it had ever been used or worn, now that everyone can see for themselves the story changes.

I don't know what posessed me to buy the belt, I don't even wear black. A brand new Kramer gunbelt for nearly half price - I was attracted like a moth to bright light! I should stepped back and asked myself why this belt was so much less than new, instead I got trapped in the spider's web and re-learned a hard lesson: you get what you pay for.

As far as refunds, there was never a discussion or rebuttal on how much was appropriate. I simply asked for a refund of my outlay plus return shipping of $5 for what I see as a mis-advertised product. h2o-5o's response was to create slanderous posts labeling me as a scammer and implying criminal intent.

11. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

My "story" hasn't changed. I sold you a new, unused belt. For whatever reason, you claim it is otherwise.

You paid $75 shipped. That was your total cost. You wanted $80 plus $5 return shipping. You are apparently unaware of what you paid in the first place.

Why did you demand more money that it cost?

Why did it take you two days after receiving it, acknowledging receipt and saying "Thanks", to notice it was in such poor condition?

Why did you initially refuse to provide pics, and only provided them days later, after I refused to submit to your scam?

12. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan

Yes, your story has changed - you acknowledged that the belt looks damaged (destroyed is your word, I don't think it's accurate) which just happens to be in the condition that I received it in and have described to you since I first contacted you with my concerns.

You had the opportunity to correct my mistake in the price I paid when I asked for a refund, you chose not to. Instead, you meant to cast doubt about the validity of the claim by making a statement in your post that I 'demanded' more than I paid. A simple response stating that you believed I paid $5 less would been sufficient. And yes, I apologise and request a refund in the amount of $75 instead of $80. I don't trust you enough to ship without refund cash in my hand first, but if you want we can use one of the mods to mediate the transaction. I will even pay the return shipping via UPS Ground insured.

You asked me to let you know when I recieved it, I did. That was Wednesday 1/17 at 9:30AM and I sent you an email that said

"Got the belt yesterday, thanks!"

I had just picked up the mail from the mailbox for the previous day. We had significant ice and snow so the mail was running pretty late the night before. I didn't pick it up until Wednesday and I wasn't expecting anything I would have to examine - it was supposed to be a new, unused belt. When I had the chance to check it out it I let you know my dissatisfaction in it's condition as soon as I got online:

"HarryCallahan wrote on 01-18-2007 12:37 -
    Belt arrived Tuesday, got a chance to look at it last night. Looks to have been worn quite a bit and the brass is tarnishing in contact with the leather from sweat and moisture. Your ad says new, never used - what gives?"

I felt, and it was evident from your tone, you were just wasting my time hedging admission to the fact that the belt was used. You either knew or were oblivious to the condition of the belt you sold as "new, unused". Your answer to a question about the lining of the belt ". . . frankly, I never paid much attention to it . . ." Which is it? You positively knew the condition of the belt to be new and unused or you never paid much attention to it? The lining is one of the areas I pointed out to you that had significant signs of wear. You couldn't state for sure what color it was because you "never paid much attention to it" but you could call me a liar, con-man and a criminal for stating wear and use was evidenced all over the lining?

I sent pictures to you within hours the same day you asked for them because I felt it would provide susbtantial proof of the condition of the belt I spent a lot of my time describing at length. The pictures were sent via email on 1/19 at 12:11PM, you asked for them on 1/19 at 9:31AM, 2 hours and 40 minutes earlier, not days per your misstatement.

And as to who is being scammed here . . . I have a used, worn, damaged belt and paid for a new, unused belt. You have money for a used, worn, damaged belt that you sold as new. You seem to have come out ahead in the deal

13. h2o-5o

h2o-5o Owned by Pugs

For the record, and then I'm through with this.

I sold and mailed you a new, never used black 1.25" size 42 double thick horsehide Kramer gunbelt for $75 shipped.

I bought the belt new, direct from Kramer, and never used the belt.

You are a liar and a scammer.

You will not be getting any money from me.

14. HarryCallahan

HarryCallahan

That sounds amazingly like a summary of all the PMs I ever got from you in line-by-line order! So while I was pleading my case and asking for a refund you were reading from this script?

You and your slanderous accusations have cost me way more than the $75 I threw away on your used belt scam. You're going to clean up the mess from your "I got caught, won't admit it" tantrum before you go away to darken someone else's day.