close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Harmonics Flooring from Costco...anyone used it?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JMFWSU, Feb 20, 2010.

1. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

Hi,

We're considering the Harmonics laminate flooring on sale at Costco for our basement. Have any of you guys used it or know of anyone who has installed it?

It's a great price, but I'm just wondering if its worth putting in.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. bill123

bill123

We have it in two bedrooms. Holding up well. I put plastic down and then a premium underlayment. I left the cuttings out in the rain for a week. Didn't seem to bother it. Be sure to have a airtight vapor barrier since it's in the basement.

3. RenoF250

RenoF250

I don't get the particle board with pictures of wood on it. The real thing is not that expensive and lasts forever.

4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Get real hardwood. We have Harmonics through most of the house. It's easy enough to install and looks pretty good, but the seams between the boards are way more obvious than the supposed seams between the supposed hardwood planks. If any liquid spills on a joint and isn't picked up pretty quickly (such as a spill that goes unnoticed), it bubbles up permanently. It also can chip if something heavy or sharp is dropped. Unlike real wood, the veneer chips away and exposes the particle board underneath. Looking back, we should have spent some more money and gotten hardwood. Hardwood will last forever.