GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Harley Davidson said that it is discontinuing sales and manufacturing operations in the world’s second most populous country as part of its company-wide restructuring, or the “Rewire” plan, a five-year strategy to reset its business, focus on high-priority markets and tighten up by streamlining models.

Harley had been in India for about 10 years but only sold a few thousand motorcycles each year. It was a real money loser.

Harley's biggest competitor in India was Royal Enfield, a motorcycle selling for about 1/10th of a HD.

Harley is in talks with India's HERO Motorcycle Co. to import and sell American made Harleys.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Maybe HD should offer a model with bench seats front and rear?? Could be a big seller.
Lmao. I was thinking the same thing. The one up seat won’t cut it in India. Gotta be able to carry a family of 5 and a half dozen chickens.

·
Registered
9,392 Posts
I added a pic of their standard seat bike. It is the Royal Enfield Bullet.

·
Registered
290 Posts
A riding buddy of mine has a Royal Enfield and I have to say, it is a really nice looking bike in person. Also reliable and rides well. Would love to see one done up in the style of a 60's Rocker/Cafe Racer with drop bars and a single seat.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
That is where Harley made their small bike. It is still too expensive to compete with the Royal Enfield.

I owned a Harley, but will admit I like the Royal Enfield. A lot of history and a good looking standard bike. A great basic commuter bike.

If you ever saw the welds up close on these bike frames you'd rather pedal your bicycle than hop on a Royal Enfield for street use.

·
Registered
26,188 Posts
Reactions: BUG'S
1 - 20 of 40 Posts