GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
Wonder if the new bike will have a add on oil tank, it will let owners create an oil puddle under the motor so it's more realistic??
I was wondering if it's going to have smaller motors with off-balance gyroscopes strategically placed throughout the bike, so it can shake itself apart just like the "real" HD's. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The problem with having iconography as your sole business model is that everything new, fails.
XLCR? Failed. XR-1000? Failed. VR-1000? Failed. Buell? Failed. V-Rod? Failed. MV Agusta? Failed and sold off. Nova? Failed so badly it never made it to market. Street 500/750? Current failures. There are others that escape me at the moment. HH
I believe Buell was starting to get somewhere, and HD felt threatened by him and defunded/squeezed him out. Erik Buell is a true innovator.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Harley gave MV Agusta away. Eric Buell gave them the formula for a high performance Sportster and they ran him off. They had Aermacchi (later Cagiva and indirectly Ducati) and let them go. I’d sure like to see them produce a home run like the Evo was. I’m afraid the board room has been staffed by persons who are not motorcycle enthusiasts...they make poor business decisions more often than not.

Reactions: kwo

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
All the tired old jokes about Harleys and their reliability are just making me laugh so hard.

Can't you tell how much hysterical laughter is coming out of my mouth?

Those are always a hoot, I just love having to hear the same thing every time one is brought up. Kind of like Ford detractors with "Found On Road Dead" (not even close to the truth) and then Ford fans with "First On Race Day!" (which hasn't been true in a l-o-o-o-o-o-ng time), I swear they just get me to slappin' my knee like there is no tomorrow.

:cow:

·
Quick! Duck!
2,755 Posts
If they can make it look/sound like this. I may try one.
;)
Maybe if you opted for spoke wheels, you could clothespin some playing cards to the fender to flap against the spokes

They should just get on with it and start making mobility carts.
You mean like the electric shopping carts at Walmart?

All the tired old jokes about Harleys and their reliability are just making me laugh so hard.

Can't you tell how much hysterical laughter is coming out of my mouth?

Those are always a hoot, I just love having to hear the same thing every time one is brought up. Kind of like Ford detractors with "Found On Road Dead" (not even close to the truth) and then Ford fans with "First On Race Day!" (which hasn't been true in a l-o-o-o-o-o-ng time), I swear they just get me to slappin' my knee like there is no tomorrow.

This makes it all worthwhile. :cheers:

I'm sure about every make of motor vehicles has had it's turn in the barrel.

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,751 Posts
I swear they just get me to slappin' my knee like there is no tomorrow.

Pretty accurate assessment of Hardley Davidson ............... there IS no tomorrow.

They lost sight of "today" and just figured that because a few Boomers are still alive - like me - that they had dedicated fan base.

I had the requisite XLCH, a Wide Glide, a '46 K Model and even one of their Mopeds. Meh.

My Kawasaki KZ ate 'em for three meals a day plus after dinner snacks.

I was a certified Gary Bang dealer in my "Just Putz" chopper shop in Costa Mesa (right in front of the Armalite factory) and built rockers, hard tails, dual parallel links, peanut tanks, bobs, installed fish pipes, Snuff-R-Nots,

Strociek Engineering jugs, hardware and transmission cases,
bk003.jpg

bk009.jpg

bk002.jpg

Lakes injection .... and NONE of them were as bulletproof, nimble, fast and comfortable as a 40 cube Kawasaki.

But you certainly have my permission to mollify your feelings with HD war stories .... true or not.

Not.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Got to a Harley - Davidson Dealership in 2020, there is more "stuff braded" Harley - Davison for sale, then actually Motorcycles. You would think Harey - Davidson is in the business of running a gift boutique, playing card, poker chips, glassware, dog collars & leashes, and late not forget T-shirts.

Back in the 1960 Whern I first started riding motorcycles, a Harley - Davison shop was Motorcycles, Motorcyles parts ,and a repair & service center. The smell of grease & oil was in the air, smell good, now the air is polluted with Calone, and perfume.

We got a Harley - Davidson Dealership in SNOTSdale AZ. They have a Wedding Chapel, Tattoo Shop, Resturant, etc. All part of Harley - Davidson Scotsdale, AZ. It I think is the largest Harley - Dealership in the world. Owner by Go-Daddy - Tech Guy who wanted to have the biggest Harley - Davidson Dealership.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,144 Posts
I don't have any "war stories". I don't ride motorcycles at all.

Kinda what makes these lameass jokes so tiresome, I can't imagine what actual HD riders get.

:)

·
Director of civil unrest
8,566 Posts
Pretty accurate assessment of Hardley Davidson ............... there IS no tomorrow.

They lost sight of "today" and just figured that because a few Boomers are still alive - like me - that they had dedicated fan base.

I had the requisite XLCH, a Wide Glide, a '46 K Model and even one of their Mopeds. Meh.

My Kawasaki KZ ate 'em for three meals a day plus after dinner snacks.

I was a certified Gary Bang dealer in my "Just Putz" chopper shop in Costa Mesa (right in front of the Armalite factory) and built rockers, hard tails, dual parallel links, peanut tanks, bobs, installed fish pipes, Snuff-R-Nots,

Strociek Engineering jugs, hardware and transmission cases,
View attachment 858042

View attachment 858044

View attachment 858046

Lakes injection .... and NONE of them were as bulletproof, nimble, fast and comfortable as a 40 cube Kawasaki.

But you certainly have my permission to mollify your feelings with HD war stories .... true or not.

Not.
So it's all about speed?

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,473 Posts
That's hilarious. HD must have hired a bunch of soy-based consultants to figure out how to get clients under 60.
....well, Milwaukee is under (D)emocrat control,. so..
come to think of it so is all of Wisconsin, but I digress.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,473 Posts
..... but does it come with the Required Pirate Outfit...?

·
Patrol Corporal
839 Posts
When I first heard about an electric Harley I thought of this (from “Fletch Lives”):
74CE12AE-AE5F-4A45-8EFF-6444F37286DC.jpeg

·
Patrol Corporal
839 Posts
I think the target audience for an electric motorcycle will focus on the electric part and maybe not even know of the history of HD.

These are the same people that point to the red light on the dash and say “why is there a light with a genie lamp on it?”

41 - 60 of 83 Posts