Harassment by MySpace

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by cash, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cash

cash

Is anybody else tired of these cases? Calls from parents reporting their little angels are being harassed over MySpace. Or Facebook. Or MyBookFaceSpace. I hate it all.

And text messages ... don't even get me started. I long for the days, not so long ago, when miscreant juvies would punch each other in the face and call it good.

Just venting. Back to regular schedule Glocktalking Coptalk.

2. Officer X

Officer X

I absolutely can't stand these reports. It is so aggravating to have mommy and kid walk in to HQ or go to their house and be handed a bunch of printouts showing how they were called a name on the internet.

3. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

I'd love to be able to tell them to have junior grow a set and stand up for himself.

I have told them that if they spent less time online or on the phone they would be affected muss less by bullies. Like anything else, it takes a victim to have a crime.

4. ronin_the_great

ronin_the_great

Pity you guys can't arrest them for interfering with police business. I personally believe you can't be bullied over the internet. If you keep logging on, you must like it...

5. opskmallory

opskmallory

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

MySpace is nothing. Get them to join up here and go to Political Issues or the Furball Forum.

7. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  8. Hollywood D

Hollywood D

Its hella lame. I love this new sexting law too. Seriously, you take nude pics of yourself and send them to some boy, you really think he's not going to show them to all his friends? Idiots. You have failed at life.

9. jayfarm

jayfarm Grumpy Gun Nut

I disagree that you can't be harassed over the net. That's akin to not being harassed over the phone by simply not answering.

That being said, in my opinion there's a large difference between true harassment (something actionable) and what most people whine about.

It is a shame that you can't teach mommy & daddy a lesson when they require you to help raise their kid.

10. strangepork

strangepork

"Sorry, we're not the Conversation Police." 10-8.

11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Not a street cop, but in looking at the stuff that pops up once in awhile there is a little thing called the switch on the computer. It does wonders! Other than that, get off of My Space, and you can set your FaceBook with privacy settings that will protect you.

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's exactly it. You log into these open sites where you are just asking for it and then you don't take the precautions to block people or protect your own privacy and then you complain when someone else pops you in the e-noggin for it.

If you don't like it, don't use it. Nobody owes you to protect you from yourself. I never liked those sites anyway. Who the hell makes all these e-friends anyway? If you got that many e-friends... you probably ain't got too many real friends in real life.