28,471 Posts
75th anniversary. :flag:

·
Registered
15,952 Posts
Before my time............but

:salute:

Oh yeah and freedom moving forward

Forcing the Nazi's to surrender is apropos for our political climate................winning against the left!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'm reading Rick Atkinson's "The Guns At Last Light," about the US Army in Europe. Just got through the Battle of the Bulge. VE Day is coming up!

If Ike can get Monty to calm down and shut up...

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
On this date in 1945 my father was aboard his boat at Terminal Island, the boat undergoing a yard overhaul before shipping out again to fight the Japanese.

My uncle's battalion was at the Pilsen CZ airport. A SS division had just surrendered and they came to the airport to give up their vehicles. Made him a little nervous.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purlnb6wb08

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Real Americans stopped their lives for 4 years to go kill Germans and Japanese. Would they be laughing at us for not being able to handle a Chi-Com virus?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Capone, Thanks for the pics.
ms gamboolgals father was in the 101st and parachuted in on D-Day and was in every major fight in the war.
He was like a father to me. We lost him in 2008 and I miss him dearly.
Mr. Beam is the lower right pic.

Will raise a glass to all the Veterans tonight. Thank you all for your sacrifice's.
:flag:

Reactions: Capone

·
Why so serious?
65,926 Posts

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
946 Posts
Capone, Thanks for the pics.
ms gamboolgals father was in the 101st and parachuted in on D-Day and was in every major fight in the war.
He was like a father to me. We lost him in 2008 and I miss him dearly.
Mr. Beam is the lower right pic.

Will raise a glass to all the Veterans tonight. Thank you all for your sacrifice's.
You are welcome. Thanks for sharing as well.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I’m sure that was a great cause for celebration. It took one heckuva effort to win that war. I bet victory never felt sweeter for those in that theater.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts