close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Happy New Years!

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by 4095fanatic, Dec 31, 2006.

1. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Here's my tenative itinerary for New Years Eve (times subject to change due to human nature):

1900: Show up, make bunk, turn on TV.

1930: Finish evening shift inspections on units.

2000: Remark what a quiet day its been.

2001: Get toned out for a working cardiac arrest due to grandpa eating everything he's not supposed to at the last dinner of 2006 with the family.

2200: Get the unit back in service in quarters, make off-hand remark about how nice it is to be over with "the big one" early on in the shift.

2201: Working house fire; kids started the fireworks celebration early and a few roman candles flew threw the window and hit a christmas tree.

0000: Completely miss the turning of 2007 while performing salvage and overhaul.

0030: Collapse in bunk, get ready for a well deserved rest.

0045: After a luxurious 15 minute nap, get dispatched for a single car MVA, off the road, down an embankment, into a tree, and overturned. Wonder if the patient will be positive for ETOH...

0115: Seeing the patient is a Priority 3 BLS pt. (gotta love how the people who deserve it never get messed up that badly), ride the wagon back to the house and wave at the medic crew as you leave the scene.

0125: Back in quarters, throw off turnout pants, stumble upstairs, collapse in the general vicinity of the bunkroom. HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Thankfully I have this year off... but good luck to all of you out there, and stay safe!

2. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

Here's my schedule for New Years Day.

0800: Show up, get pager, do truck checks.

0830: Turn on TV.

0800 (24 hours later): Go home.