close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!! New Glock 23 owner.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ElevenO, May 10, 2002.

1. ElevenO

ElevenO

;a ;f;f ;a Earlier today, I bought my first glock pistol. It's a glock model 23 40 caliber. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I plan to over the next few days when the time permits.

This model 23 is first glock that I have actually bought for myself. It's brand spankin' new and I already love it. I already own a glock model 22 that I inherited from my dad when he died of cancer back in 1999. It's a good pistol but I wanted something a bit more compact so I went shopping for another glock that would more suitable for CCW purposes. When all was said and done it came down to either a model 27 or this model 23. I liked 'em both and wanted 'em both but I could only afford one so I chose the 23 because I liked the longer 4" barrel (which I think will give me better overall ballistic performance).

FWIW, the ammo that I have decided to use is a 180 grain winchester sxt's and some winchester white box 180 grain jhp's. This is the same ammo that I use in my dads glock 22 and I see no reason to make a change now. I'm more than satisfied with winchester ammo but in the future I would like to try some of the georgia arms 180 grain gold dot ammo just to see what it's like in the accuracy and power department.

By the way, can anybody recommend to me a good IWB holster that won't be too hot or to unconfortable to wear in the (ungodly) hot:cool: (and humid):cool: georgia sun? I also need a good, leather pistol belt too. Any advise would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.

ElevenO;f

2. legacyboy

legacyboy

a Ren and Stimpy reference...;b

ur all right!

3. GlockM23

GlockM23

Yep these 23's are good fun:)

4. Elmstreet

Elmstreet

Try a Uncle Mike's size 16 for the IWB. Inexpensive and works.

5. Fast Glass

Fast Glass

Good choice on the 23.
    I have mine in a Sidearmor IWB. Very comfortable, and w/ the j-hooks easy to get on and off. I'm actually going to be getting another one in the near future to set up for cross draw. It's easier to grab another holster than to take the time to change the j-hook over. The belt I've been using is a work belt I got from my company. It's not made for a gun belt, but is nice and sturdy. I can't even fold it over between my fingers. The stamp on it is A&E Group St. Louis, MO.

6. vyper005

vyper005

Congrats Big Daddy...Dont feel too bad cause I havent even shot my new 23 either :)

7. vinnier6

vinnier6

i use the uncle mikes side kick with the retension strap...its inside the waist band and very comfy and wont damage the finish of the slide...