close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Happy Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Flexmoney, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

This pic was sent to me from an online buddy from another country. I'll leave it big to show details.

2. dino1

dino1

Pimp My Glock???

3. ColGlock

ColGlock

hmm 17L barrel and a big *** dry can... as I did not see a LID on it, it must be the best looking AOW glock I have seen yet ;)

ColGlock.

4. sdfhpson

sdfhpson

I don't have any experience, but I'm not so sure supressing a Glock is really that cool to shoot - because you have to rack it manually after every shot. That wouldn't be any fun. ;)

5. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

I asked about that...

A: [color=royal blue]The Glock absolutely does not cycle. Dead quiet but you must hand crank. (147gr Zero over 3.2gr V V N320). The silencer becomes part of the barrel assembly and the slide has to pull the whole thing backwards. But if it cycled it would be noisier.[/color]

6. ColGlock

ColGlock

A glock can most definatly be quite and cycle Relibly. BUT it requires either a LITE wet can i.e. AAC Scorpion, or a LID, Neilson device which will allow the barrle and slide to unlock.

ColGlock.

7. Snakeyes

Snakeyes

Its a LOT of fun firing a suppressed Glock single shot, well for me anyway!! The sound of the bullet striking a steel plate at 70m is very nice. I have an old wipe design thats very effective, and I'm busy working on another wipeless one, with different baffles. My Glock sometimes cycles with a 138 grain bullet as the can is made out of nylon and is fairly light.
    Theres not much info on suppressor internals anywhere, so not many people know what goes on inside the can. I started sperimenting on my own and learned a few things the hard way.... baffle strikes mainly!!
    People that do have knowledge of building suppressors will NOT share that info, either due to the laws or maybe its their business interest.
    I cannot afford to buy some of the excellent US suppressors, anyway they will not export it to South Africa.
    Theres no harm in speaking about suppressors and baffle designs, but I noticed many people on this board dont, so maybe one should keep "quiet" about it, excuse the pun.

8. ColGlock

ColGlock

Go to Amazon.com and lookup Al Paulson, get his silencer books.

Baffle strikes result from either misalinment with the bore or unstable bullets. You stated that your design is made from nylon, as I have not seen your can I am only guessing, but the nylon may flex enough that the baffles shift allinment into the path of the bullet... This is known as a "bad thing".
    also check your mounting method. If this is out of allinment you are screwed.

Are you saying that you can hit what you are aiming at at 70m with a can that uses wipes? If so, you need to change the wipes again, as one of the down sides to wipes is since they actually touch the bullet they can decrease accuracy.

ColGlock.