close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Happy G33 owner

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jvbronco, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jvbronco

jvbronco

After a bit of a struggle getting my Gen 4 G19 I could not be happier with my purchase. This left my like-new G17 sitting alone, getting absolutely zero attention. Like others have said, I feel like the G19 is the perfect gun (for me).

I figured I would post my G17 for sale on the local forum to see if I could recoup some of my money. I had one cash offer ($450, which is a fair price in my area) and one trade offer (G33, manufactured in 2006).

The G33 is Glock's subcompact chambered in .357 Sig. I have read a lot about the round so I was familiar with its attributes (from ballistics to uses, to comparisons with .40 S&W, to cost). The G33 was in excellent condition, looking as if it had hardly been fired (probably due to the cost of use). The deal was sweetened by the tune of 4 OEM magazines with pierce extensions and 700 rounds of .357 Sig (600 fmj and 100 jhp self defense) at the cost of 20 cents per round.

I figured, what the hell, and took the deal. Took her out this morning and I am absolutely in love with the gun and the round. It did not have near the amount of "bite" or "pop" I was expecting after reading reviews online. In fact, it felt much better to shoot than a friend's XD 40 full size I have fired on multiple occasions. Perhaps, this is the higher bore-axis on the XD at play (I don't know :dunno:) I do not intend to start some caliber war or gun war; however, in my hands, the G33 was much more pleasant to fire than the XD40.

While the G19 will remain my favorite, the G33 offers a more powerful and smaller package that is VERY fun to shoot.

2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! Great round. I like it alot.

3. barth

barth six barrels

You can drop different barrels and mags in your G33
    and run 40 or 9mm as well!

Have Fun

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  4. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats on the G33! Its a great gun and, a great round.

5. bac1023

bac1023

I have a G33 and love it.

6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Heck of a deal IMO. Congrats!!

7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Doesnt surprise me. :rofl:

With all the gun pics I've seen you post I've never seen one of your glocks on the carpet. :whistling::tongueout:

8. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Another Glock 357 owner to the fold.

Much better to shoot than a .40 for sure!

don't be surprised if that G33 quickly rises to the top of your
    favorites list.

Any Glock in the virtual 9mm Magnum caliber is a great gun!

I'm excited about handling the forthcoming Gen 4 G33 and G29 as well.

Now you need to think about a a holster and more ammo!

Enjoy that new Canon!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  9. kamonjj

kamonjj

Yeah I miss the hell out of my G33. If I ever come across and OD or FDE one it will be mine period! Perhaps a gen4 too if glock quits taking their sweet ass time on releasing them.

10. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

G33 has been my EDC for ten years. Super accurate and dependable. To own one is to love one.

11. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Congrats on the G33! THat was the first .357SIG Glock I picked up, and have recently added a G31 barrel for my G22, and have just taken delivery last week on a G32 Gen4.

All I need now are the dies for my Dillon, and I'll be good, since these can also fire the same 124 gr. XTP bullets I load up for 9X19.

I carry G33 as part of my rotation, and I have Hornady Critial Defense 115 gr. in the pipe/magazine, with a spare G31 magazine full of Speer Gold Dot 125 gr.

12. jvbronco

jvbronco

I absolutely love it and love the round. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the cost of use once my $0.20 /round stockpile is gone.

It fits nicely in my Galco King tuck that was purchased for the G19 so I have the holster covered. I'm also set with the magazines. Only thing I need to do is put in lots of time at the range before I carry it (I already know that this is going to be my favorite carry piece).

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine