Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw on TV today, that Kohler makes an in-tank mounted auto flusher. Takes about 10 minutes (if that) to install as per Youtube.

How on earth does the sensor 'read' through the porcelain lid? If porcelain is that porous, why doesn't the bowl leak?

Anyone installed one of these? I'd love to have them if they work as pitched.

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ No, there isn't. Did you watch the video? Just a sticker that tells people to wave their hand in that area. The sensor is on the inside of the tank.

The next video is worth watching too.

Reactions: Paul53

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
^^^ No, there isn't. Did you watch the video? Just a sticker that tells people to wave their hand in that area. The sensor is on the inside of the tank.

The next video is worth watching too.
It is a simple radar like system tuned to go through a toilet lid it senses something over the area the signal is sent out because the signal is reflected back to the sensor by your hand instead of not coming back.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
  • Touchless module projects an electromagnetic field through the top of the tank lid that senses your hand, causing the toilet to flush

·
Banned
3,808 Posts

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
  • Touchless module projects an electromagnetic field through the top of the tank lid that senses your hand, causing the toilet to flush
Or this, this sounds like a better answer than mine.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
Or this, this sounds like a better answer than mine.
I would love to be able to say I knew that from looking at it instead of reading the description of it at Home Depot's site. It does seem to help explain why my compass works inside the house.

Reactions: Old Buzzard 74
1 - 20 of 82 Posts