Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Tactically Epic
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, its nice to have no finger grooves and no annoying cutout in the front of the grip. Definitely one of the more conforatble glocks in hand for me. I like the sights. real metal no plastic garbage.

But, like i expected, its lopsided. A short slide on a long grip is dumb. Dot see why theres a craze for this thing.

·
Semper Fi
7,260 Posts
Seems to me it should be the other way--17 upper on a 19 lower.

If I'm going to carry a full sized frame, I want the full length barrel for the most velocity and sight radius.

The grip is the harder part to conceal.

·
21,372 Posts
I'm still waiting on the 26x to come out. 26 slide with a 17 grip.

·
Semper Fi
7,260 Posts
I’m not running to get one either, but I am just glad we have all the options to pick from these days. I never understood why a pro-gun crowd is so quick to criticize a new gun. You guys do know it was not designed with concealment in mind, right?
Not so much a criticism, as an observation. I'm not bad mouthing it--it's Glock's version of a Commander style 1911, and I own one of those, as well as a 1911 with a Commander length slide on an Officer's sized frame.

It seems to be a solution in search of a problem. What does it do that a G17 can't, especially if it isn't designed to be concealed? Options are great, I'm all for them, but it doesn't seem to be the whiz-bang break-through that people are making it out to be.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Exactly. More maneuverable. No need for longer sight radius in combat environment. Longer grip for larger capacity. +2 extensions. Short slide and long grip make more sense now for its intended purpose.

·
Tactically Epic
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Short slide on long grip makes no sense for any purpose.

A longer slide gets in the way? And what, a long grip doesnt?

And if it was for use with comps or supressors, then it would come with a threaded barrel.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Because the shorter barrel makes it more comfortable when you are seated all day. This gun was designed for the military not CCW.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah, because with 50-lbs worth of body armor, ammo, water, commo gears, and everything else that a GI wears is so comfortable right? And that an extra 1/2" of pistol barrel somehow makes all the difference in the world?

·
Elite Member
6,661 Posts
Yeah, because with 50-lbs worth of body armor, ammo, water, commo gears, and everything else that a GI wears is so comfortable right? And that an extra 1/2" of pistol barrel somehow makes all the difference in the world?
We are talking about a pistol that will mostly be carried by officers who sit behind a desk all day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,707 Posts
I haven't held the 19x, yet, but, the principle is the same as the Colt Commander/Combat Commander.

Full-size gripframe w/ shorter barrel.

I've not owned as many 1911 models as some members here, but, I've owned a few.
My absolute favorite 1911 platform pistols have been my Gold Cup NM and my Combat Commander.

For me, that Combat Commander was the best balanced and handling pistol that I've owned.

Also, having a shorter gripframe and a longer barrel (with my 'ham hands') is just absurd.
Less area to grasp the firearm/handgun, makes no sense, to me.

Strange. I've not heard/seen negative comments about the Commander/Combat Commander and/or the Beretta Centurion.

Chocolate. Vanilla. Strawberry. Rocky Road. Peach. Etc., etc., etc.
There's something for everyone. Not everyone is gonna like the same thing.

Reactions: deputy tom

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
It’s all about marketing and nothing else. When sales are slumping as they are now for all firearm manufacturers, you try to come up with a model that’ll tempt the faithful to buy. Obviously there are enough Glockheads out there that’ll buy anything Glock spits out regardless.
Thankfully, we live in the USA which gives us the freedom to have so many options regardless of how silly some of them are.
If you like the thing buy it but by all means please refrain from trying to convince anyone that it some sort of revolutionary abortion between a 17 and a 19. I could name several other plastic pistol companies that preceded this “concept” by nearly ten years.
If you like it buy it but please don’t get wadded up when others see it for what it is...which is 100% marketing.

·
****** Viejo
30,528 Posts
I'm looking forward to handling one. As mentioned above it's the Glock version of a Combat Commander. I like those also.YMMV. tom. :cowboy:

·
Registered
16,903 Posts
Seems to me it should be the other way--17 upper on a 19 lower.

If I'm going to carry a full sized frame, I want the full length barrel for the most velocity and sight radius.

The grip is the harder part to conceal.
I'm seriously considering going full retard, and talked to my local gunsmith about it. I want to get a used 17, and have the grip cut down to accept 26 mags. Walaa, the 26LL!

Why you say? Longer sight radius, small grip, and can use 19, 17 and 33 round mags with it. It wouldn't be that difficult to make sleeves to extend the grip, sure someone has already done it.

Plus, nobody I know has one.

Reactions: deputy tom
1 - 20 of 35 Posts