GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
I'm not here to hate on you. I get that you have special needs and challenges. But y'all gotta do better than this. Empty parking lot, but missed the space by more than five feet. I see this all the time. Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot anyone like the chumps in Florida. I just don't get it
View attachment 854596
I saw that once. The car parked, the driver got out, retrieved a wheel chair from the trunk and assisted the hadicapped guy from the passenger seat a
Into the chair.

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
Ever notice all the hugely overweight using electric carts in Walmart? That's self inflicted in 98% of the cases. The cart only makes things worse.
Really? ....or maybe years of a disability that impacted their mobility is a factor in the weight gain. It is undisputed a person who lacks the ability to exercise is much more likely to be overweight.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Really? ....or maybe years of a disability that impacted their mobility is a factor in the weight gain. It is undisputed a person who lacks the ability to exercise is much more likely to be overweight.
Seems like you're trying to find reasons why super fatty is in the cart. The VAST number of obese, morbidly obese and super morbidly obese have done it to themselves. Most are and have been on a see food diet, see food and eat it.

So many BS artists claim "It's my metabolism". Ever notice the endless comercials on TV for yet another medication for Type 2 diabetes which IS self inflicted? They want some wonder drug that allows them to eat all they want, all the bad foods and not exercise and become a Greek god physically. Not happening, never will. Don

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
Seems like you're trying to find reasons why super fatty is in the cart. The VAST number of obese, morbidly obese and super morbidly obese have done it to themselves. Most are and have been on a see food diet, see food and eat it.
So you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Good to know.

I have two family members, my mother and my aunt, who are perfect examples of what I described. I am not 'looking' for an excuse for anyone, just giving you facts. My mother was always in decent shape. She worked physically demanding jobs at times in her life and loved to go on long walks and bike rides. The arthritis and degenerative discs in her back eventually said otherwise a couple decades ago. The breast cancer she beat 8 years ago certainly didn't help her overall health. During all this she has gained weight, a good bit actually, as her days are primarily spent sitting in a recliner because standing for over 10 minutes at a time is excruciating.

So, she is now one of those fat people you see on a motorized cart at the grocery store. I assume you would look at her with the same disdain you are displaying here based on some BS reasoning you have come up with to justify it.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,074 Posts
:cow:

Reactions: Sparky C

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
Those ARE the exceptions. At the gym we used to go to, there was a sandbox war vet who had a below the knee amputation and prosthetic. Watched him run outside behind the gym.

I've been in good shape all my adult life and I had real doubts that I could have kept up with him even when I was in my 20s. He FLEW down the street, looked like a fitness model for a magazine.

There was another guy, absolutely ripped, shirt off wearing gym shorts beside his car in the handicap spots. So no prosthetic for him.

The people who abuse handicap plackards way outnumber those like your friend. I thank him for his service and admire his determination to do so well with his handicap. Don
I have rods in my back. There are days you can’t tell. Then there are days I can hardly move. You never know.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im pretty sure that any major joint replacement can get a person a handicapped parking permit.

DO WIDZENIA

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
I have rods in my back. There are days you can’t tell. Then there are days I can hardly move. You never know.
Some posters in here don't care, they're self-righteous, hate-filled, handicap-hating heartless SOBs, ready to crucify you if your tires touch the white parking line.

They probably slap crying babies on airlines, too.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Some posters in here don't care, they're self-righteous, hate-filled, handicap-hating heartless SOBs, ready to crucify you if your tires touch the white parking line.
You are really overplaying your hand here. The only person bringing hate into this thread is you. I'm not any of the things you just called me. But I am tired of your bullcrap. Now you are talking out your ass in my thread. I'm guessing that you are so unhappy in your own personal life that you have no other outlet to get attention than stirring up the pot on here.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
In the other thread this morning, you accused the mods and owners of taking kickbacks. Now you are talking out your ass in my thread. I'm guessing that you are so unhappy in your own personal life that you have no other outlet to get attention than stirring up the pot on here.
WRONG PERSON. I never said that. You're as bad as Joe Biden with your memory.

'My thread'? That's your whole problem, 'my thread', 'my parking space'...newsflash: Anyone can post in any thread, and the world doesn't revolve around YOU. No balls to confront the handicapped driver face to face, gotta come in here and cry about it. By the way, I didn't see any handicapped mirror tag, or plates on that car, wouldn't surprise me if you set the whole thing up with your own car just for the pic and the opportunity for your Whine du Jour.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I'm referring to for example people getting out of new Corvettes and marching off like anyone else. You can't do that with a physical handicap.
LOL! Or handicap plates on motorcycles. That is a crock of poop.

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
LOL! Or handicap plates on motorcycles. That is a crock of poop.
That isn’t true. Again, I know people who ride that have trouble walking . I know people with Respiratory problems who drive fancy cars and ride.

Think about it. If you had your lungs damaged by some chemical or something. Or a severe knee injury in an accident and won a large money judgement or settlement, what might you spend that money on? A fancy car or motorcycle might be the answer for some.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
That isn’t true. Again, I know people who ride that have trouble walking . I know people with Respiratory problems who drive fancy cars and ride.

Think about it. If you had your lungs damaged by some chemical or something. Or a severe knee injury in an accident and won a large money judgement or settlement, what might you spend that money on? A fancy car or motorcycle might be the answer for some.
Rehab so I wasn't as crippled.

·
NRA Benefactor
7,189 Posts
"Talk about visual learning, please go back and take another look, notice there is no striped space on the passenger side, in the OP photo. Maybe that's why the car is parked a bit to the side."

Reading is fundamental. ;)

I looked at the pic as you suggested. It's just as I remembered it. The car is keeping a van with a side lift from using either space. The car is on the striped space so a van using the fully open space doesn't have room to lower the lift and still have room for the person to get off. The car is also half on the other space, so a van doesn't have room to park unless the lift is lowered onto the grass.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
"Talk about visual learning, please go back and take another look, notice there is no striped space on the passenger side, in the OP photo. Maybe that's why the car is parked a bit to the side."

Reading is fundamental. ;)

I looked at the pic as you suggested. It's just as I remembered it. The car is keeping a van with a side lift from using either space. The car is on the striped space so a van using the fully open space doesn't have room to lower the lift and still have room for the person to get off. The car is also half on the other space, so a van doesn't have room to park unless the lift is lowered onto the grass.
...and a COMPLETELY EMPTY parking lot, which nullifies all the pissing and moaning about how the car is parked. Some people like to complain, just for the sake of complaining. They're called 'miserable' and love to drag everyone else down.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
So you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Good to know.

I have two family members, my mother and my aunt, who are perfect examples of what I described. I am not 'looking' for an excuse for anyone, just giving you facts. My mother was always in decent shape. She worked physically demanding jobs at times in her life and loved to go on long walks and bike rides. The arthritis and degenerative discs in her back eventually said otherwise a couple decades ago. The breast cancer she beat 8 years ago certainly didn't help her overall health. During all this she has gained weight as her days are spent primarily sitting in a lounge chair because standing for over 10 minutes at a time is excruciating. So, she is one of those fat people you see in the cart at the grocery store.

I assume you would look at her with the same disdain you are displaying here based on some BS reasoning you have come up with to justify it.
People like you are so quick to say "You don't have a clue" when they find an exception to a general statement that has validity. You're clueless to an extent too.

All I've been saying is that a very large percentage of people with handicap plackards don't really need it, they're lazy as the comment from our PCP said. Those people want to feel "special" and when so many people are "special" very few are.

Of course, in your mother's case, she has a bunch of good reasons why she needs accomodations and she should get them. Don

41 - 60 of 68 Posts