Handicapped drivers, we need to talk

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Upgrayedd, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

I'm not here to hate on you. I get that you have special needs and challenges. But y'all gotta do better than this. Empty parking lot, but missed the space by more than five feet. I see this all the time. Don't worry, I'm not going to shoot anyone like the chumps in Florida. I just don't get it
    IMG_20201024_135057723.jpg

CTM_357, Atomic Punk and orangejeep06 like this.
  2. lazarus66

lazarus66

The drugs mess up my depth perception.

3. rainman33

rainman33

Maybe they’re just an *******.

4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

You can't blame the handicap when you see this everyday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Jerkoffs

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Needs extra space to get the wheelchair out of the side door? Or UP TO the side door, to help their handicapped mom from the passenger seat into the chair? Maybe they turned from that first driveway, closest to them, and their turning radius sucks?

Really not a big deal if they're a little into the striped zone, the only other space next to him is also a handicapper, with plenty of room, too. He's not into the other parking space. They'll probably be done and on their way soon enough, don't worry about it. They have to deal with their handicap all their life, cut 'em a little slack on their parking.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Check out this professional driver.
    9E2E843A-5958-4621-AEBC-9B13E4D4FD9F.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yCmEe_HAaY
    If you want to see more. Empty lot. Bright yellow steel post, cemented in with bright blue handicap signs. He hit it dang near dead center with the truck.
    I hate in parking lot one person way out of lines. Everyone else is. You either park on the line or walk a lot further...

deputy tom, Atomic Punk and Upgrayedd like this.
  8. Schrag4

Schrag4

Don’t be fooled, those people are handicapped, just in a different way.

byf43, treg, volky and 6 others like this.
  9. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

tumblr_oyav92uktS1we0p6lo1_r1_500.jpg

10. Collo Rosso

Collo Rosso

Around here I think most handicap stickers are for mental, not physical disabilities.

RF7126, DukeNukem, LEO/Dad and 3 others like this.
  11. ray9898

ray9898

....or you could not waste your time dwelling on petty things that bother you to point you take the time to snap a photo so you can create a little outrage topic about it to random people on the internet.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  12. peng

peng

This is more about handicapped parkers than handicapped drivers right? :p

mj9mm likes this.
  13. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Seems to be for sure.

14. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"Really not a big deal if they're a little into the striped zone, the only other space next to him is also a handicapper, with plenty of room, too."

The problem is that the other space might be needed by someone driving a van with a fold down side lift to lower them to ground level. The lifts I've been around over many, many decades require the entire striped space and a little more to roll off the end of the lift.

It's a real problem when the van person is there first and after work, shopping, whatever comes out to find someone has parked so close they can't lower the lift.

The striped space means Don't Park In The Striped Space.

cougar_ml, mj9mm, MacDonald and 3 others like this.
  15. faceplant

faceplant

If the parking lot is empty why do you care?

mike from st pe and lazarus66 like this.
  16. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

We have cards that hang from the mirror when parked, and removed while driving. Nothing on the license plate or anything. So you would never know a car was being driven by a handicapped person unless they were parked.

17. DonD

DonD

Must have been a mistake, must have been TX. TX drivers are mindblowingly inept. Had 4 buffoons trailing a pickup which had it's hazard flashers on, driving at 40 in a 65, not passing him. I got behind #1 in the train so I couid exit. The P/U stopped in a place he shouldn't, the loon in front of me wobbled left then right then exited. The P/U violated my right of way and went off, still with the flashers on.

Texans seem to regard handicap plackards as a badge of distinction, they're everywhere and when they get out of their cars, no evidence of a handicap. Don

mj9mm likes this.
  18. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

19. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

No evidence of a handicap? Well, what exactly does a handicapped person look like? Tell us, please. Walking with a limp, arms waving in the air as they stumble along with two canes? Or they have to be in a wheelchair? Sometimes the handicap isn't visible.

What about the recent heart-bypass patient who needs to take it easy? How about the asthmatics, ones with COPD or those with congestive heart failure, who can't walk normal distances? Drivers with cochlear implants? Their doctor is the one who makes the decision concerning their handicap, that's good enough for anyone.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    volky, Ronaldo, Pandaz3 and 8 others like this.
  20. DonD

DonD

I'm referring to for example people getting out of new Corvettes and marching off like anyone else. You can't do that with a physical handicap.

Our PCP has been consistently ranked as one of the best primary MDs in the San Antonio area. I asked him why so many people have handicap stickers? Answer, their doctors are wusses and placate their patients with stickers they don't need.

One of his patients asked for one saying he had a heart condition. Doctor said "Of course I know but walking is good for you". If they threaten to leave his practice, he isn't impressed with the threat.

I called the nearby Social Security office and asked why so many disability claims are accepted. I was told MDs reviewed the cases. Soon after a national review said there was widespread abuse of the system and a disturbing percentage of disability claims were bogus.

Ever notice all the hugely overweight using electric carts in Walmart? That's self inflicted in 98% of the cases. The cart only makes things worse.

Of course I support help for the truly handicapped, I despise frauds and there are plenty of those. Don

mj9mm and MacDonald like this.