close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Handgun safe recommendations.

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Jaltered, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Jaltered

Jaltered

I'm willing to spend up to $100 for a handgun safe to keep inconspicuously located in my apartment. It needs to be as tamper proof as possible, and be able to hold 2 medium/small handguns, plus a few mags and spare ammo. I want to keep my firearms loaded and ready at all times, but safe and secure when I'm not at home.

I'm open to all suggestions.

2. skinegibbs

skinegibbs Lucky? Nah....

3. malada

malada

My son and I each have one of these and really like them. I bolted mine to the studs on a closet shelf and seems really secure. I keep 3 handguns and magazines in mine.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148244

I didn't buy mine from sportsmans guide but it looks like the exact same safe.

4. malada

malada

After looking closer that is the exact same safe.
    Get the large, it has the shelf in it.:)

5. pondriver

pondriver Senior member

6. Jaltered

Jaltered

I bought the medium sized Stack-On safe. Works great for me. Thanks for the input.

7. guncollector

guncollector

I've got two GunVault Multivaults (the larger version), one pre-1998 model, and another a more recent Deluxe model.

They perfectly suit my needs of keeping my firearms ready, but out of the prying hands of little ones and the "casual"-thief (for lack of a better term).

I've really grown to like the finger-groove combination, and can open them easily in the dark and being a bit groggy.

Bought both of them used, one for $85 and the other for $135 online from other forumites who found they didn't work for them--mostly because they were too small for their needs. But hey, I have a 20-rifle gunsafe, so storage wasn't a problem--well...yeah...its still a problem...but that's another story....