Handguard for hbar carbine?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by uzimon, Jun 9, 2020.

1. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

So I first tried a troy quad rail on my 6920 hbpw. The back half wouldnt fit inside the delta ring. Of course in snapped right into another 6920 I have with the government profile bbl. I bought a knights ras with the hope that it will fit the hbar. I also bought a handguard removal tool. I look online to see if others have had the same issue and one guy said yea the knights would have to be modified. Today I get the tool and same thing. The ras won't fit in the delta ring.
    Am I just stuck with the stock handguards? Googling handguard for hbar carbine dosent yield and products.
    Thanks

2. ACE31

ACE31

Odd
    I have Heavy Barrel Socom style (minus flats) carbine barreled uppers and Knights, YHM, Troy, Midwest 2 piece drop ins all fit. Hmm don't understand why Colt would be that different?

Some are tight and it took a little physical persuasion to get them seated but all fit.

3. 303_enfield

303_enfield

Oil the Delta an use a handguard tool an a mallet.

Good luck!

4. uzimon

uzimon Daca is caca

Bottom half or top first?

5. 303_enfield

303_enfield

Oil the entire Delta. Insert the bottom rail first. You might have to show it some love.

A cheap handguard tool will save your thumbs.

6. 10ring1

10ring1

I put a White oak sdm on mine. Took alot if persuasion to get the original handguard off (the round tube). I managed to get it off and reinstalled. Used spacers to try to line it up. It's still about 3 degrees off. That was the biggest challenge. Problem is, the barrel shoots like a laser and I don't want to fool.with it. I use the bipod to level the gun

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk