close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hand held surefire or frame mounted Glock light

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DonB, Mar 22, 2006.

1. DonB

DonB

How many of you have both? I don't have either and was wondering which to buy first. I'll be using the G19 for carry as well as home defense. Is a hand held light like the Surefire Defender a better way to go or the frame mounted Glock light best? Pros and cons of each please.

2. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I prefer handheld. I can light you up with out painting you with my barrel.

3. kengps

kengps

I prefer rail mount. I can light you up and point the barrel at the same time. Plus I have a free hand and can hold the gun with a two hand grip. I would not want to be trying to aim my light and my gun at the same time when the SHTF. I don't understand everyones argument about how you can't have a light on a gun because it violates the 4 rules. Hasn't anyone ever considered pointing the light up onto the ceiling to illuminate a room? It actually works better. You don't have to aim your gun at somebady. If someone invades my house I am going to light them up and train my weapon on them at the same time.

4. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

I have a maxfire cheapy light which is great for 16.99$ and just got the tlr-1. I like that combo. I understand you dont want to aim a gun at everything you want to light up but I also would like to have a free hand in a HD situation where I could be dialing 911 or opening doors or pushing off an attacker. If the Glock light is what you like get it, slap it on the G-19 at night and pick up one of those brinkmann maxfires and keep it on your nightstand also. You cant go wrong with that. Good Luck!

5. c4igrant

c4igrant G&R Tactical

Having attended several night shooting classes, I will tell you that you need BOTH!

If you JUST have a light on your pistol, you will have to point your weapon at anything you want to look at (bad idea).

If you JUST have a handheld light, how do you open doors and such while maintaining the light in a position that will allow you to quickly and properly ID a target??

I would suggest getting an X200A for the Glock and a simple G2, G2Z or E2D for a handheld.

I am a SureFire dealer and offer Glock Talk member discounts. Shoot me an e-mail if you would like to discuss it further. sales@grtactical.com

C4

www.GRTactical.com

[​IMG]