close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Halo 2

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by Ender, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

comes out Tues at 12:01 a.m.!!!!!

i've never been excited about a video game coming out!!!!

going to pick my reserved copy up, hopefully be early enough that i don't have to wait for hours! ;) ;) ;)

2. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

I am excited too, Tuesday at 12:01!!

One thing I wonder, since I am on the west coast, shouldn't they technically be able to release the game at 9:01 on Monday here??

3. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

I bought Xbox live this weekend, just for HALO2.

We need to get a GT deathfest going online.

I will kill you all! :)

4. Nightspell

Nightspell Avid Nudist

Halo is a pretty decent game. Good to play with a few drunk folks on late nights, but I've noticed that all the hype around Halo and the XBox games were pretty disappointing. The best console games that are out right now are about the equivalent of mediocre PC games. There's just no beating it. Friends at work, who plan weekends around these games, were all going nuts over Halo 1 when it came out talking about how fun the multiplayer is and how fast console games are evolving. "You can play with 4 people on one machine, or hook them up and have 8 or 12 or..." OK. That's cool, but I'm partial to Tribes 2 and other PC games where you regularly have 30-50 people playing, which have been out for about 4 years. There's just no competition. I am curious what H2 will be like though. Should be interesting...

Just wish I had the $ to upgrade my PC so I could play Tribes 3...

Bah...

5. Guest

Have any of you beaten Halo on Legandary?

6. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

I picked it up at Meijers last night. There were a couple of boxes of them in the PS2 display case and I asked the lady working there wat it was....she opened the box and it was Halo 2 Limited Collectors Edition. Metal case, 2 discs.....pretty slick.

It's awesome offline, and pretty damn good online. I love the double weapon weilding. I just wish there was a straight Elimination mode online.....One life per game, the team with someone alive at the end wins. Oh well...there's always hope with download content.

Oh, and don't waste your money on the Halo 2 edition communicator. It's terrible. Everyone sounds weird on it.....and you'll sound different to everyone else. I got it today (took it back 30 minutes later) and everyone I've gamed with on Live with my regular headset said I sounded weird with the new one. Stick with the official Xbox Communicator.

DW

Hehe...
    [​IMG]

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Yeah, I heard some stores screwed up and released it today/yesterday. Asshats. Oh well, my LE is pre-ordered, can't wait to pick it up! 12:01 baby!

8. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Oh, and anyone who doesn't look into the story is missing about 80% of the fun. Its good as a game, but amazing as part of an entire SF universe.

9. cobrablade

cobrablade

I forgot about my preorder. I've been so wrapped up in GTA San Andreas, I forgot all about H2. I've got two one year subscriptions to xbox live to activate. Sweet! ;E ;I Warthog, anyone?

10. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

Yes.

You would be suprised how good my brothers and I all are. We play guys all the time. We always have people telling us they have someone whose SOOO GOOD, and how "nobody can beat them". Then I sick my little brother on 'em, and it's all over. I guess we need to get a life or something. God knows my wife would be beyond happy if I gave up XBOX, or just Halo...

11. USPcompact

USPcompact

Yep.

We had some epic Halo battles online when I was in college. We'd play as the "Golden Girls," with me usually being Sophie. :cool:

12. jarnld

jarnld S>O>R>T

i actually got to play a french version of the game that my buddy somehow about a month ago...just to let you know...its BAD A**!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait til i can understand what theyre saying though...

13. Bushw@cker

Bushw@cker Tacticool

I was thinking the same thing! I have mine pre-ordered, debating on whether to go down and pick it up at midnight.

14. incursion

incursion

console games suck
    PC games rock

15. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

I'll swing by and pick it up at 9:00am tomorrow, if they are sold out by then, no big deal, I can wait.
    I'm not going to stand in line at midnight for a video game.

16. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Reluctantly Deplorable!

I refuse to go down to the store at midnight for mine.;g

17. Guest

X-Box is a PC built like a console, isn't it?

18. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

So, you're comparing a $150 machine that will run the best console first person shooter ever made, to games that require machines that cost thousands, and require almost yearly upgrades? You're comparing apples to oranges, I say.

It's funny that you mention how mediocre Halo is in one breath, and in the very next breath talk about how you can't afford the machine required for Tribes 3. Fire up Halo on Legendary, it's a completely different game.

Halo 2 will change the XBox Live community, you can count on that. All of the other XBox Live enabled games will see a lot less play time for close to a year, I predict.

I'm meeting my co-workers at GameStop tonight at 12:00 to pick up Halo 2. There's no line, no waiting for those of us that pre-ordered and pre-paid for our copies.

I bought two copies of the special edition. One is for me, the other is for my dad. All of the special edition copies were sold out at pre-order. There will be no more copies made. If I had the foresight, I would have bought a couple extra special edition copies to sell on Ebay. I would have gotten all of my money back on my purchase. ;f

19. jbutenhoff

jbutenhoff

Umm, you might want to EDIT the post of the burned french version. Rumor has it that Microsoft has a bounty on those copies and is tracking them down with a vengance...

The game rocks in multiplayer (where I work we had a prerelease game night last night!) The energy sword is the coolest darn weapon in any game ever!!!!

I can't wait to be able to bring home my LE...

Jamie

20. zzzarkt

zzzarkt SARCASMOBLASTER

Translation:

I'm a moron who sunk over $2,500 dollars into my high-end gaming PC who now realizes that the best current FPS can be played on xbox for about $50 so I diss consoles at every opportunity in a vain attempt to make myself feel better.

End translation.

Back under the bridge troll.