close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hallsville Debrief

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Norske, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Coach must be away from his PC; I see at least three threads relating to Hallsville, but no traditional "Hallsville Debrief". So here it is! Wha-hoppen? :)

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Sorry, but yes, I've been out of town for the weekend. Thanks for the help.;)

3. Dieselbuilder

Dieselbuilder

It rained Sat morning and the ranges were sloppy!:( However the actual shooting wasn't too bad at all, the sun came out and it turned into a very nice day.:)

This was my second time at Hallsville and it went smooth as it did last year with exception of the "M". They were still putting the finishing touches on it when I got there, they hadn't gotten the timers wired together at first so they ran several shooters one at a time. Then shooter assistance with pasteing targets was sorely lacking. There were only a couple of us shooters waiting our turn that helped even after repeatedly being told that the match would go faster if they helped. Seems like most didn't want to slog through the mud any more than they had to.;Q

I did manage a personal best on the plate rack. I borrowed a G37 and shot it in Comp and ran the plates in 20.64 with 1 6sec and 3 sub 5sec runs.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Sadly missing Butch and son (who just returned from Kosovo), dp177, Loran Carter, Larry Plank & myself headed south from Rochester Sat at oh-dark-thirty. Made it in time to register, and go up to see the cow-pasture conditions. Saw that the rest of Team Sidearmor had registered so took care of that entry. ^c Also got to meet Bobby Carver & see him shoot. A fine gentleman who was exhibiting the Hunter model mount on his pistol. Dwight was so pumped he almost wanted to drag out his shooting iron & go to it right there! ;f

Sunday was beautiful, with the mud not nearly the problem of the previous day. By this time the double-timers were wired; dp177 was kindly allowed to fire a few rounds to insure that the setup was able to isolate his shots - all was A-OK. A couple of RO's were rather "in a hurry" at times, but all were very pleasant and most accomodating once it was requested they acknowledge whether a shooter was really ready or not. A good crew. They were all especially nice in letting us pick our side and stick together to reload mags for each other. Would've preferred the berm free of all the weedgrowth, but lots of fun!

Hooked up with Kyle & Dana from Madison, WI (Mr & Mrs Munster) who were my teammates. I certainly didn't shoot anything close to my Oakdale score, so glad they were around as I didn't manage to stop the bleeding till the plates. (Sorry, Coach, but like you said the main thing is to have fun, and that we did in spades - like the Cubbies, there's next year.) We'll see what's what when it's posted, but my avatar indicates I'm used to pain & heartbreak. ;f On our way out got to meet & chat with Tony & Donna Clemens - great folks. (Alot of that seems to happen at GSSF matches.)

Then we all (Team Sidearmor & Parker's road-trip crew) hit Columbia for the Steak & Shake before hitting the road. All in all a well-run event; never detected any stages backing up & nice not to have to make a Lewis & Clark expedition from stage to stage. (Yep, picked up a few mags too.) Once again, the match fulfilled its promise as far as fun-factor goes. ^c

p.s. Several good pics which I'll post separately hopefully tomorrow. (and thanks to whomever snuck my camera out of the bag and actually took pics of me too. Holy Cow! :)

5. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

As Diesel noted, it did rain a bit the night before. Just enough to make the range sloppy. It stopped raining by about 8:30 in the morning when I got there. They were a little slow getting started, which was understandable due to the rain & mud. Even so, I started shooting around 9:30 am and was done at 11:00. Managed to score some cheap LE mags. All in all, it wasn't a bad time.

And I noticed scores are already up! Way to go GSSF staff!

6. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Congratulations Team CARVER Mount for your Stockmeister team score. With the combined efforts of Tony Clemens, Dwight Parker and Bobby Carver, a second place Hall of Fame team score of 183.77 was achieved.

B&B Enterprise and all of the team members are proud of you and the other teams that participated.

Here's to you teammates:
    ;+ ;+ ;+ ;+ ;D ;D ;D ;+ ;+ ;+ ;+

We'll be looking forward to seeing everyone in Conyers!!!

Jackie, Donna and Julie, thanks for getting scores posted so quick.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

WOW---- Congratulations Team Carver Mount; fabulous shooting. I also notice 2 clean scores in U/L Masters. Outstanding. When your hot your hot.

Now onward to Conyers.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. DaleRhea

DaleRhea

Wow Bobby!!! A clean match with the UL pistol; It must be that Carver Mount.

A 41.43 will put you at the top of the Hall of fame clean match list.;D

Congratulations! We will see you at Conyers.

Dale & Alice

9. DP177

DP177

Another great match with friends and meeting new ones.

We loaded up the truck and took off from Rochester way to early in the morning. But after downing a couple of pastries that Wes brought the morning started looking up. Thanks for breakfast Wes.

As Wes said we arrived in time to register and look around at the range. I like the set up at Hallsville because all the stages are close together. Everyone we saw had mud caked to their shoes but also had smiles on their faces.

We headed back to the range bright and early Sunday morning to much drier conditions. As it was already pointed out the RO's did a great job of letting us shoot together and we alternated our four shooters so one of us wasn't up there shooting several times in a row. The main RO pushing the start button did seem to be in a hurry but as long as you yelled out, "Not ready" or "No," when he said, "shooters ready..." then he waited for you to get set. If other ranges implement a dual system like Hallsville is using I would just suggest that you add one more command. RO should first ask, "Are the shooters ready?" to which each shooters responds when they are ready, "Ready." Then the RO can commence with, "Shooters are ready,...Standby." Just a thought.

I didn't shoot my best but I had a great time. Bobby and Clem thanks for holding me up on the team score and congrats on the clean match. Donna did a great job too taking high female. Go Team Carver.

Glad I was able to meet the Munsters and the puppy dogs. Hope you had a good time. Next time we'll follow you since you have GPS.

Looking forward to seeing your photos WIG19 ;Q

Now I need to go practice. My wonderful wife said I can go to Conyers!!!;a

10. MrMunster

MrMunster

DP177--

Sent you a PM re: Conyers.

BTW, nice meeting you guys and you are in luck -- my GPS didn't store the track from the range to Steak & Shake. :cool:

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Congratulations to all the winners! ^c

Special congrats to Team Carver Mount on their HOF Team Performance and Bobby Carver for his HOF Clean Run in Unlimited... WOW! ;P ;P ;P

Step it up for Conyers everybody!!! Whoa...!;W ;W ;W

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

;z Good for you; remembering that what happens on the road, stays on the road. ^c
    Kinda ;f
    BTW, don't know if that's a record w/paper score sheets but with the prelims already up, some nice lady who sat crunching numbers Sunday afternoon deserves some applause too.
    Her initials might be JACKIE. ;W

13. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Alright already; jeez, I thought you'd still be taking a nap..... ;f
    Photo thread is UP!
    ;?

14. DP177

DP177

WIG19
    That bashful smile was just letting you know who snuck your camera out of your bag. I wasn't being impatient.

Thanks for posting photos, but I'm pretty sure there were some more pics of you on that camera. ;)

Can't wait for the next road trip.

15. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

WOW Bobby! A 41.43, and clean! You never fail to amaze me, wish I coulda been there.

Congratulations!

;?

16. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Butch,
    We all missed you but were glad that you were with your son, who arrived home safely.

As soon as we get the plaque from the match, I will sign it, send it to Tony Clemens to sign and then send it to Dwight, who will sign it and bring to present to your son in our honor.

I hope that you are doing okay. We are getting ready for Conyers and the big showdown!!!

Stay in touch and tell your son, "we are proud of him".

Best regards,
    Bobby