close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hallsville attendees past and present

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FESTUS, Aug 17, 2002.

1. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I am going to attend the Hallsville shoot next month and was soliciting your comments on what city you were staying at...I noticed that Columbia Missouri seems to have many commendations...what say ye ;f

2. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

We stayed in Columbia when we attended the match in 1998. When/if we go back we would most likely stay at the the Hampton Inn in Columbia.

You are in for a real treat as this is one of the nicest and pretteist ranges I have been to. Great people too!

Good luck

3. another okie

another okie

Hallsville is a small town. The range is actually between Hallsville and Columbia. Columbia has steakhouses, lots of motels, bookstores, and a university with a full sports schedule. There's no real reason not to stay in Columbia.

p.s. If possible visit the site of Winston Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech at Westminster College in Fulton, just a short drive away. They have a nice little museum and a rebuilt Christopher Wren church damaged in the WW II blitz.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Thanks for the tips .....have made reservations for Columbia and am going to do things differently this time, (I am going to enjoy the experience) I have decided to stay Friday and Saturday night there...shoot 2 categories Saturday and 2 categories Sunday(will be shooting one model pistol, I need lots of practice)....hope to socialize and see the sights and enjoy good company ;f

5. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

What categories are you planning to shoot?

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I will shoot Unlimited and Competition on Saturday and Stockmeister and Amateur Civilian on Sunday.....I am trying to lower my Amateur Civilian score, I have found that it takes me a while to warm up and I usually shoot a better score the second go around....I shoot one pistol in the hopes that one day I may be able to use it correctly I am trying to break 120.0 ;f

7. G21H30

G21H30

This will be the fourth year for my wife and I at Hallsville. We have stayed the past three years in Booneville,Mo. (15 mi. West of Columbia on I-70)at the Days Inn. It's cheaper by $18 per night and not as "busy" as Columbia especially if Missouri has a home game that weekend. We travel over on Friday,shoot on Saturday or Sunday if weather or other unforseen problems arise and travel home at our leisure usually on Sunday. We really enjoy the Columbia area and the many small towns around it have alot of interesting historical sites as well as things to do.:cool: