Hallsville 2007 Debriefing and Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 15, 2007.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here. I hope to be at next year's match.

2. G21H30

G21H30

range goddess At the Glock M . We shot through in less than 2 1/2 hours. Very comfortable weather. Although we didn't shoot as well as last year we always have a very enjoyable time at Hallsville.

[​IMG]

3. G21H30

G21H30

range goddess At the M & Glock The Plates
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. G21H30

G21H30

5. G21H30

G21H30

6. ede

ede

5 classes in about 2.5 hours. it's a very nice range. other than spending over n hour to move 3 miles across the mississippi rive it was a grea trip too.

7. Lady27

Lady27

The NE Iowa group had a great day in MO. It was good family time for us.

I shot my best match so far with the G17 in AC. MS was a learning experience for me. I shot it well until one particular string on the plates. I had a jam on my last round and didn't get it cleared very quickly, so I had to finish without that round. Every round counts a lot on the plates with MS, of course, so that was a bummer. But it wasn't my whole problem on that string. I left three plates standing. Other than that I was pleased with the way I shot the G39.

Our teenagers improved with their AC times since previous matches too. You could especially see it in their times on plates.

8. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

If you have a jam in a match, ask for re-shoot. If you're using "store bought" ammo, they will give you one. Sometimes, the ROs give a reshoot, anyway. You have the right to ask for one if you have a jam or malfunction of your gun. My problem, is my malfunctions are with my brain and trigger finger, not my gun!

9. Lady27

Lady27

glockess56,

Hello. Hope you had a fun match.

I thought about asking for a reshoot, but I wasn't sure if I would get one as I was shooting reloads. I suppose I could have asked anyway. Still, with three plates standing I do realize that I couldn't blame too much on that one round. It was the last round in the mag. I did get six chances. All my other strings were satisfying with both guns, but that one string proves I need better front sight discipline. I'll just work on it.

10. ede

ede

when i RO i give everyone a reshoot, once. they don't have to ask and i'd think an RO would do it without being ask. i've been to enough RO meetings before a match to know the subject comes up. can't remember how scott put it's but he has a little saying about reshoots. there's no way to tell reloads from factory so that arguement doesn't carry much weight, at least i've never been shown how in a RO meeting.

i too got bit at hallsville with catching a empty between the slide and mount and by the time i got it out of the way had eject two rounds and was 1 short to finish the string. i didn't ask because i didn't think it'd make that much differance.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Lady27, glad to hear things are still progressing in the right direction. Funstuff, eh? Great to hear about the kids too. :supergrin:

After the 'brief' drive from Brighton to Hallsville (ede, did you see us :wavey: ?) started off good w/CD and clean AC 'M' but the 5TG didn't bode well for me.

Debrief: Well run as always, EXCEPT for the unfortunately usual issue of them having to calibrate the dual-timers by removing a touch more tape covering the sensor for those shooting reloads. Wish they would go to alternate firings. (Heard a few folks complain of not particularly liking simultaneous shooting of plate racks either, particularly if they've got someone like Butch or Dwight or Dennis next to them.)

But they still run a very fine match and 6 of us shot a boatload of divisions, had to endure a couple reshoots (1 of which was after shooting 2 very good strings on the 5TG and then discovering that the timer was not picking up shots) and still got out by 1:00 and back on the road.

Perfect weather on Sunday; 60's w/slight overcast.

Thanks Hallsville!

:patriot:

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Thanks Chris for taking the pic of the group who shared approx 1750 miles together over 7 states to two matches.

With the matches done, time to refuel (humans & vehicle) and head off into the sunset northbound, not knowing that before we hit the MN border the prelims would already be up.
    :thumbsup:

:patriot: