Half of all jobs will disappear within the next 25 years

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 19+15+1, Feb 6, 2017.

1. 19+15+1

19+15+1

We are approaching a crisis in the west. Half of low-skilled jobs will vanish in the near future:

http://bit.ly/2jVi8sN

Another study back 2013 by the CBRE came to the same conclusion. Thomas Frey of the DaVinci Institue did the math and concluded that 2 billion jobs will disappear worldwide in the next 15 years. This is not good news for an America that is already in deep economic trouble:
    • Labor participation is the lowest since 1977. 95,000,000 Americans are not in the labor force.
    • According to the Bureau of Labor, in 20% of American families, no one works.
    • 86 million American workers are supporting 145 million people taking some type of government entitlement.
    • 1 million dollars is being added to the debt every 90 seconds. Each American now owes $55,000 dollars, which correlates to $151,000 per tax payer.
    • 70% of our taxes now pay for Social Security/Medicare and entitlements (food stamps, welfare, etc.). That leaves only 20% for national defence and everything else.
    But it's not just that we'll lose jobs that is a problem, it's the types of jobs that will be lost. If you dig into the data what you find is that it's low-skilled jobs that are going away. They'll be replaced by automation, robotics, computer science, and high technology jobs that require high IQ.

The news is all a buzz with Trump's executive order to temporarily limit visas from 7 countries. In my opinion, whether you support immigration or your don't, the valve is going to be shut completely off in the near future. We will have no choice because the percentage of Americans not able to participate in the labor force will be so high that we'll have our own humanitarian crisis.

And the problems will be everywhere in the world. Africa is on pace to have 2.4 billion people added to the population within the next 30 years, and there already isn't enough food to feed them. South/Central America's population is on pace to double within the next 30 years. Populations are exploding pretty much everywhere in the world except in Europe, North America, and parts of Asia.

There's a scene in the Brad Pitt movie World War Z, where hundreds of thousands of zombies are trying to scale the wall of the last remaining country. That movie might just be a glimpse into our future.

Vic Von Doom likes this.
  2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It's happened before. We'll adapt somehow.

Deltic likes this.

3. DonCT

DonCT

Which minority group are we planning to make scapegoats for this?

Mark2Glock and Vic Von Doom like this.
  4. 19+15+1

19+15+1

The Europeans and their descendants. They invented 99% of all the technology we use in the world.

5. p.d.

p.d.

And therein lies one explanation for the ebb and flow of immigration over the years.

Vic Von Doom likes this.
  6. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

7. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I guess Bush is in the clear now.

Vic Von Doom and Randylahey53 like this.
  8. Con43

Con43

:deadhorse:
    Which group do you suggest. I'm open to any & all ideas

9. JBnTX

JBnTX

How are all those unemployed people going to live?

Mark2Glock likes this.
  10. JBnTX

JBnTX

By then whites will be the minority. Guess what?

11. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

It won't just be low skill jobs. There are an awful lot of jobs out there that involve doing things for which you can write rules. What they call expert systems. Flexible programming, vision systems, inexpensive components as they become more common will all drive cost down and ability up.

And, there are new rules on the books that don't require them to be in cages anymore to protect humans. If the arm moves below a certain speed, and they have torque sensors at the joints to stop them if they hit you, they can work right out in the open. I stuck my hand in the path of one and it stopped probably faster than I could have.

For the cost of a really nice pickup truck.

vram74 and Vic Von Doom like this.
  12. LimeyLad

LimeyLad Banned

Seems self-defeating.

Business owner fires employee and buys robot.

Ex-employee kills business owner and steals his stuff because he's starving and unemployed!

Great Plan!

Vic Von Doom and 19+15+1 like this.
  13. Mick's Lady

Mick's Lady

I've always wondered about "20% of families where no one works" Does that include families like mine? Mick and I are both retired.

14. Old School

Old School

This. Very cyclical. The US stole a ton of low skill manufacturing jobs from Britain during the Industrial Revolution. They still make double rifles better than anyone. The US will always make better bourbon.

15. slackercruster

slackercruster

Born L.A. - NYC 2nd Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
    OP...between robots and illegal aliens I'd thought it would not even take 25 years?

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

One of the most misleading statistics out there. As though all taxpayers will share an equal burden like that

UncleWillyT and SRS like this.
  17. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Can we pick which half?

Mrs.Cicero likes this.
  18. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

As Trump says, bring our jobs back and educate our people to fill higher-tech positions as they displace low-tech jobs. It's a simple but necessary prescription.

Randylahey53 likes this.
  19. Robgmn

Robgmn

No problem.
    Just decrease income and increase spending.

20. UncleWT

UncleWT

If they create a robot that can effectively do my job I'll happily move to a farm and live out my days knowing that robots do what I did.

9jeeps likes this.