Haitian Crooks In Control

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glenn129, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Glenn129

Glenn129

While watching the local NBC station last night a reporter interviewed a doctor about why more medical supplies were not getting to the town of Port of Prince. He replied they were not able to pay the required "TAX" imposed by the Haitian Airport officials. The reporter asked if it was extortion, and the doctor said he rather not reply. It appears business as usual is still in effect in Haiti with corrupt officials making money off the misery of their own people.

2. Glock36fs

Glock36fs

I hate to say it but this is why I don't donate money unless I'm personally giving it to the immediate person in need. If I donate money to an organization, I want to know it goes DIRECTLY to the people that need the help. I wonder how much of the money people that donated to the Red-Cross is going into these taxes and not the people of Haiti. Donations are good, until you through one corrupted middle man into the mix.

3. STI

STI

If you want to see another side to the Red Cross rent a movie called "No Man's Land" it is subtitled and in Croation (sp) & Russian. It's an excellent movie with a different twist. It's a war movie with an excellent story A++

4. 9lock

9lock Guest

Hmmm, My understanding was per "the Media" the airport was turned over to the U.S. military.

5. berto62

berto62

Have to call BS on this one.Last I heard the US Military was in control of the airport and distribution of a lot relief supplies.

6. Glenn129

Glenn129

Well call BS all you want. It was a live interview on NBC. They may be putting out the BS, not me. The doctor was upset about not being able to get the medical supplies to the town.

7. armorplated

armorplated

This is a fact of life when delivering aid supplies to the third world. It's a third world "tax" and everybody pays.

If we want to help the third world (which we do) then we pay the tax.

8. RedTop

RedTop

Bill O'Reilly has a doctor from "Doctors Without Borders" on his show a week or so ago that said the exact same thing. They had to pay tax in order to operate in Haiti. Although this was before the quake.

9. dbgsig

dbgsig

These are the same media types that complained that to much attention was given to the need for security. I just hope they don't decide to use our troops to restore order, unless they give them real guns, with real bullets and the athority to use them if necessary.

10. 9lock

9lock Guest

If the doctor said he rather not reply then that should make one wonder, I can tell you that NBC is co owned by GE and there are other military defence contractors, I think Westinghouse is another, too much to keep track of.

11. 9lock

9lock Guest

Yeah that is odd they would leave that tax in place after the U.S. coup against Haiti on Feb. 29, 2004.

12. goatranch

goatranch

I got an email from an ex cop who just returned from there. He said the UN is so incompetent it isn't even funny. The UN constantly slams the US there. They are mostly French and they are not bashful about bashing America. It sounded like the relief effort is MORE a disaster than the earthquake.

13. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

We had several posters on here that were saying lets slow down the flood of money going down there until we have control of the situation, they were called flat out racists by some long time popular (or shall I say prolific posters), only a blind man or retard couldn't see this coming.

14. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

15. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I thought that was common knowledge. :dunno:

16. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Some folks think denying the truth will make it.............go away.

But then they're smarter than the rest of us.

Just ask them.

17. silentpoet

silentpoet

Did he also tell you the pope is a catholic, water is wet, and what the bears do in the woods?