Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

Haircut...

• Continue using gel to maintain control so as not to look like bozo.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Wear a ball cap

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Put on big boy pants and get a haircut.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Long shaggy hair on 59 year old guys looks cool. You still have all your hair, flaunt it.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Cut your own hair, post the results for everyone’s amusement.

Votes: 15 39.5%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to get a little shaggy.

I’ve been good with washing hands, sanitizer, keeping distance with other people etc.

The idea of someone, who has had face to face contact with 20 people before me, being all up in my face kinda creeps me out.

Reactions: El Pistolero

·
bene vivere
2,128 Posts
I do my own. #1 on the sides and scissors on top and good to go. I screwed up a few times, but it grew back. I learned and now I can do a cracker job.

I'm like you, too many people right next to me creeps me out. I save time and money and always have a fresh looking haircut.

Reactions: Sgt127

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
We are a week into haircuts allowed. I will probably go late next week. I am still on work from home and might be that way for months so haircut just for wife and I. :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm still waiting for my effing barber kit.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Im 51 and mostly bald anyways so i have for years now used the old #1 on the clippers and do my own..as a matter of fact today's probably the day for a cut lol. takes me about 10-15 minutes..wife has to even out the back when she gets home.

·
White and nerdy
12,250 Posts
SO did the haircut. 5 razor on the side, small trim at the top (figured it's easier to go shorter later than put back a screwed up cut). Growing a covid beard.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,618 Posts
Finally got my usual high & tight from my barber on Monday. He spent many years cutting hair in Oceanside, California before moving to the Mojave Desert. He knows a thing or two about high & tights. Couldn't stand my hair starting to creep over the top of my ears but was afraid to take the clipper to my own head.

·
Registered
43,624 Posts
I've cut my 3 sons hair for years. I've done my own in a pinch but I was skeptical after 10 weeks of growth. I was pretty 70's but it turned out pretty good for a self cut.

20200515_172941.jpg

20200512_162303.jpg

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Civil Liberties Matter
1,810 Posts
I got my haircut on Monday. It’s appointment only for the next couple of weeks. I was dying, I normally get a cut every 2 weeks.

·
NRA Life Member
5,447 Posts
Got mine cut Wednesday. Got there 30 minutes before open. Was the first in & out. Mask, gloves for me. Mask on all barbers. No blow drying. Whack and go.
Stripped, showered when got home. All clothing into washer.

MY "new normal."

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Barbers and salons open as of Monday. Probably won't be able to get a appointment for a week or 2.

·
Giant Member
5,577 Posts
I went the black market route. Before Covid, I never would have thought I would live long enough to have to sneak around to get an underground haircut. It makes me wonder how big of an outlaw I'll become because of this virus.

·
Registered
21,739 Posts
I got a haircut back in February. The gal I go to looks nice, married but nice.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Self cutter for probably 25 years. The savings has bought a lot of ammo over the years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts