close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hailstorm Video in use by The Weather Channel

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gemeinschaft, Apr 21, 2012.

1. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft AKA Fluffy316

So my buddy and I were hungry today and decided to drive to get something to eat. We got caught in a pretty bad storm and ended up getting to the restaurant just as their power went out. :faint:

So, we turned around and started going home and at about that time, it started hailing outside. I took some footage with my phone and posted to YouTube. Tonight, The Weather Channel sent me an e-mail asking if they could use the video.

Who knew?

Personally, I don't think there is anything special about the footage, what do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhZR0O0pbEo"]When Hail freezes over in Houston - YouTube[/ame]

2. D-E-F-E-N-S-E!

D-E-F-E-N-S-E! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Maybe they misconstrued that crack in the windshield.

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

I like it. I'm especially impressed that you guys kept the language postable. :rofl: I know what I'd be saying if my brand new Ranger was getting hammered.

4. kcb

kcb Southern Lady

I prayed I would be home before the hail hit our neighborhood last night.

My prayers were answered, and we got tons of rain, but no hail last night.

More horrible weather is predicted this afternoon. As I am typing, I'm waiting for my daughter to call me to meet her at the Mall to help her find her a dress for her college graduation (Magna Cum Laude) :whistling: this next Friday Night.

SO...praying again that I beat the hail again this evening.

A friend of mine posted a photo of her yard, on the other side of the county, last night on facebook...there was so much hail, it almost looked like it had snowed in Central Florida! :wow:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012