Had To Replace The Trigger in my brand new Gen4 G35....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Doughnutman_923, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Got my brand spankin' new G35 Gen4 the other day and couldn't wait to get to the range... err, back yard.

Couple dry fires and the trigger feels "OK"... not as good as I was hoping. "It'll smooth out with a couple shots." I'm thinking. So I give her a detail strip and lube up the connector and trigger bar properly.

Nope. Detail strip after shooting to check out the gritty feeling trigger and notice that the nickel coating on the connector is flaking off causing the trigger to feel like a big pile of ____. Luckily I have a new trigger bar and "." connector lying around. Replaced everything and the trigger feels much better. Wish I had the chance to try it out with the "-" connector that came stock.

Might pick up a Ghost for it or something. Anybody got some recommendations?

Whatever.

PhotoFeller likes this.
  2. KenMI

KenMI

Best bet is to stick with OEM parts. The minus connectors are easy to find online, or do a polishing job on the one that came with it.

3. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

I put a Glock 23 Gen3 in mine with a 3.5 ghost . I don't like smooth face trigger . Here is a video about that dimple and the lb it adds to a trigger.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I'll be checking G35 when it comes in this week...hopefully Tues or Wed. I see a little of that flaking that you're referring to on my Gen 4's, but I just polished up the parts and they're GTG.....trigger pull on my Glocks are smooth as a baby's bottom.

5. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I polished where that dimple is supposed to ride and it barely even touches. No way it adds a pound to the pull unless it is bent to create more resistance.

Buckshot Barry likes this.
  6. LongLostBushman

LongLostBushman

Did you make Glock aware of the problem? They might have sent the correct parts out to you and fixed the problem. It might be worth doing as they can look into it and possibly prevent this problem for other folks in the future.

7. JBP55

JBP55

It only adds a pound in their mind, not in the pistol.

harold63 likes this.
  8. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Interesting! I prefer smooth face.... but the preference is very mild. I've heard a lot of goods things about Ghost. So I'll be pretty confident carrying the Patrol 5.0 connector (I also ordered 3 stock 5.5 connectors in case because I like the crisp feel over the "." connector.)

I've seen it often too, and it always cleans right up... or it's flaking somewhere that doesn't matter. This time it just happen to be on the face of the connector where the trigger bar rides on. (not the actual face, but the edge that pushes the bar downward.) I, too, polish. But the uneven surfaces in this case just could not be fixed without altering the angles and whole glock-fu of the system. So, me not wanting to mess with the glock-fu too much, decided to replace it.

Eh, I've had many CS experiences with Glock. It goes like this "If you're not an armorer or can't find one, send it to us even if youve owned 27 glocks in the past and know them better than me so we can fix it and send it back in 5 days because we can't just send you parts."

I use my firearm for work, so that's a no-go at this station...

9. JohnnyTactical305

JohnnyTactical305

Get a Gen 3 G17 trigger bar (do the .25 cent trigger job) your choice of connector (I have the Ghost Ranger 4.5), and a spring kit if you want.

10. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

I still have the gun and the stock trigger parts and I still own a RCBS trigger gauge and $100 bill to bet with . Your move .

11. Mike-M

Mike-M

More humor and fantasy about that mean ol' Gen4 trigger bar bump! It's really odd...these claims. ALL generations of Glock .45ACP and 10mm pistols have had that bump...for 25 years now. I guess the users of those pistols have just been too stupid to detect all of those terrible problems that the bump causes for the more sophisticated and skillful and sensitive shooters of other calibers. :)

I have put Gen3 trigger bars in Gen4 pistols, and put Gen4 trigger bars in Gen3 pistols...and ACTUALLY MEASURED the trigger pull before and after the TB change. I have NEVER found a substantive difference in the required peak pull force.

FWIW to the OP: In a Gen4 pistol that is otherwise ALL OEM, the MINUS connector results in a peak required pull of about 5.0-lbf, just 0.5-lbf less than what the Gen4 stock DOT connector causes.

12. JBP55

JBP55

Bring it to Baton Rouge and I will take your money.

13. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

Send USPO money order to a gunsmith in the Ft Hood / Killeem Tx area of your choice and I will take my gun , parts and money to them . I will have them test and replace the parts . I will pay the GS for his time . Maybe you know someone at Ft Hood since there is over 200,000 soldier on the base .

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  14. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

My "G" series Glock 22, my early G27, my "E" series G30, and early G17 and previous early G19 do not have that "bump" on them. I don't know about pull weight but that "bump" on the trigger bar does sometimes drag on the internals and cause a less smooth trigger pull.
    Had that bump on my GEN4 G19. Replaced it with a smooth G17 GEN3 trigger bar that did not have the dimple. Did the twenty five cent trigger job and my G19 GEN 4 trigger is light years better.

15. HGxyz

HGxyz

When I went to swap out my gen4 G26 trigger bar, I couldn't get a gen 4 G17 TB, so ordered a gen3 instead. The pull seemed lighter, but who knows - definitely not a full pound. Ever since this accidental discovery I've been using the gen3s for replacements. If nothing else, they make the slide go back on more easily.

16. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Not sure about the Gen 3 trigger bar in a Gen 4. Isn't the bar shorter in a Gen 4?

I don't really mind about my trigger pull, original issue was the flaking of the nikcel playing that was too severe to polish out and also rubbed a rough spot on the trigger bar so that part is FUBAR as well. Everything worked, it was just an obviously terrible trigger pull out of the box..... kinda weird for a "Competition" Glock. I really don't like how mushy the "-" connector is.... or the "." connector so I ordered a couple regular 5.5lb connectors and a couple Ghost Patrol 5.0 connectors.

I'm hoping the Ghost Patrol connector will prove reliable.

Can anyone tell a story that proves otherwise?

17. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

The only thing the dimple does is ride against the slide, and it barely touches. The dimple, itself, isn't what causes the drag. It's that it pushes the trigger bar into the frame just adjacent to the cruciform, and it is a small amount of pressure. That area of the trigger bar is a legitimate spot to polish. Also, polishing the inside of the slide where the dimple rides along (this isn't going to change much because it's already pretty smooth) with the contact point of the dimple will help, some, but there just isn't enough pressure against the dimple to cause an issue. If the dimple does have pressure against it, a person could smooth it out so it barely touches the slide and issue is resolved. Heck with changing parts that are unnecessary. :cool:

18. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

The trigger in my Gen 4 model 35 was really terrible and I put a 3.5 ghost in it with with zero improvement . I took the complete trigger out of my Gen 3 model 23C and put it into my Gen 4 model 35 and it worked perfect . I have a Glock Dist 2 mile from my house so I got a new trigger for my 23C and now I have 3 guns with the same light pull and they all feel the same . 23C , 27 and 35 and I never like the smooth trigger face on the 35 and the 23C fixed that problem also . Now I don't care if you believe me or not and I don't want prove this so you will need to take my word for it .

19. tx gunrunner

tx gunrunner

Here is a Video telling about the Gen 4 dimple in the bar can cause OVER a lbs in trigger pull for you none believers . At 7:40 he measures the trigger pull after removing the dimple . Stock trigger was 5.5 lbs and after dimple move was now at 4.0 lbs .

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  20. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

wow the glock " perfection " must not include the trigger parts