Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may be hard to believe, but 2 hours north of New York City are 10's of thousands of state owned property that is designated forever wild. I hike it as often as I can, and took my buddy Avalanche out this morning. I need to walk off this gut I developed since the achilles tendon surgery, and we did about 2.5 miles today. Not as much as I used to do, but it's a start.

The area I went to was bought by the Rockefeller family in the early 1970's, with the plan of building a ski lodge there. At the time the township was dry, and would not grant a variance to serve alcohol at the hotel, so the Rockefeller's gave the land to NYS, with the stipulation that it remain forever wild. There are maintained trails all through the property, of which there is about 10,000 acres.

Frick Pond 2.jpg

Frick Pond 8.jpg

Frick Pond 7.jpg
Frick Pond 6.jpg

Frick Pond 5.jpg

View attachment 757516

·
Mentally Frozen
28,467 Posts
Cool pics. Did the dog get his feet muddy or is that the color?

Reactions: pgg00 and n2g

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
It may be hard to believe, but 2 hours north of New York City are 10's of thousands of state owned property that is designated forever wild. I hike it as often as I can, and took my buddy Avalanche out this morning. I need to walk off this gut I developed since the achilles tendon surgery, and we did about 2.5 miles today. Not as much as I used to do, but it's a start.

The area I went to was bought by the Rockefeller family in the early 1970's, with the plan of building a ski lodge there. At the time the township was dry, and would not grant a variance to serve alcohol at the hotel, so the Rockefeller's gave the land to NYS, with the stipulation that it remain forever wild. There are maintained trails all through the property, of which there is about 10,000 acres.

View attachment 757504
View attachment 757506
View attachment 757510 View attachment 757512
View attachment 757514
View attachment 757516
Looks like a beautiful place. nice to see you out in the wild with no mask on.

·
Oh, for a muse of fire
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
M62/76
12,541 Posts
I’ve re-discovered hiking here in Virginia in recent months myself. It’s very nice to just get away sometimes.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts

View attachment 757504
View attachment 757506
View attachment 757510 View attachment 757512
View attachment 757514
View attachment 757516
Sweet doggie. :goodpost:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sadie says hiking is so over rated!
20191126_115742.jpg

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
He looks like the only thing that would impress him is a nice nap.
He's lost a step or two now that he's almost twelve years old; but he will still kill you for a ball. :dog:

Reactions: clancy

·
Mentally Frozen
28,467 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
A dog with muddy paws is a happy dog....

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Very cool on the hike! We do about 4 miles every other day as the sun comes up in Nevada. We hike in the BLM and he just loves it. I'm sure it's doing me some good physically and I know hiking with him is doing me tons of good spiritually! Enjoy!

upload_2020-5-14_19-0-39.jpeg

·
Registered
504 Posts
Love the Great Pyr. We have one guarding our livestock, she gets out for a hike once a week to keep her socialized.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts