close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hackers on GT

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by jadepond, Mar 30, 2004.

1. jadepond

jadepond

Certain GTer's are hacking my computer. Don,t know who they are. But I have a good idea who they are. I am recording all attacks. It is only a matter of time before I find out. And then they are in trouble.
    Legal trouble. If Eric knows anything about this he better do something. Jadepond.

2. gudel

gudel

huh? how about put up a firewall. what does eric have to do with this? hackers go to your computer, how can gt knows which one is which?

3. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

jadepond, I don't know what you are talking about. I would bet my life Eric wouldn't have a clue who is doing this. If you want to PM me the details I will keep it confidential. Thanks, Eddie C.

4. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

I doubt very much if he would know anything about this, and if he did I'm sure he would be glad to do something about it. However, it seems to me that if you wanted him to look into this for you, you sure the heck could have phrased your request much better.

5. mindonmatter

mindonmatter Who.....me?

Just what kind of attacks are we talking about here? And how exactly do you know that they are coming from GT? And further, how do you know who on GT is attempting the attacks?

I've had an ungodly amount of attempts at port scans, active response scans and mac spoofs over the last 2 weeks, but never thought of the possibility of it coming from GT. Thank god for solid firewall(s).

6. jadepond

jadepond

This is the ONLY site I post on. And the attacks are Political in nature. Rants about my anti-Bush stance (read: anti- Bush, not anti government)I'm sure Eric knows by now I,m anti- Politician. The hackers are bypassing my firewalls and messing with my e- mail and search engines and desk top. I am not saying Eric knows any thing about it. But I have a feeling he would like to ban me from GT because of my views on the government, but won't because he does not want to upset the free speech crowd? Eric?

7. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

Jadepond, If your firewall is being bypassed, you either have a crappy firewall, or more likely it needs to be re-configured.

I seriously doubt that Eric would condone such a thing. Why don't
    you mail Eric about the specifics. You might also want to make
    a post in Tech talk about your firewall. Someone there might be
    able to help you. Rick

8. Eddie C.

jadepond, Eric has never expressed an interest in seeing anyone banned. That's not what we strive for, political stances aside. All Eric, Patricia, and the Moderators want is for everyone to enjoy the sight, express their views, and if they disagree, do so in an adult manner without profane or denigrating language. We need people like you that run across the grain of the general member's thinking. It makes things interesting. When we have to warn you for a post or two, there is nothing personal meant about it. It just means you ignored the rules posted in the front office and we have to let you know. People are usually very good about it, and say they are sorry, and things just got out of hand. Simple, no harm, no foul.

Eric has never, ever expressed an interest in getting someone off the site. In fact, the Moderators think he is too lenient with members who ignore the rules. I agree with Rick, if there is a problem, try Tech Talk and our resident computer wizards DWavs, Aeolus, et al. They can probably help. If you want to talk, PM or email me and I will give you my phone number. Thanks, Eddie C.

9. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

jadepond, please do not weave me into your conspiracy theories. I do find your views on many things wrong-headed and the way you express those views sometimes distasteful, but you do not matter enough to me to sit and frett about whether or not I can ban you without the fabric of Glock Talk unravelling and I certainly wouldn't waste my time participating in an attempt to 'hack' your computer. At any rate, I do not run this site based on popular opinion, I run it based on what I think is right and if I wanted to ban you, I would ban you.

If you think someone is trying to hack you, then by all means, record away. If you catch somebody at it, go after them. That's what I would do. I would be careful bandying about accusations though. Eric

10. gudel

gudel

sounds like you downloaded yourself a spyware. spyware/worms will do that to you. screw up your browser, random pop ups, slows down your computer and even sends out mail.
    i have yet to seen a hacker that can bypass a good configured firewall. i think one of your friend is playing tricks on you.
    hint: get a real hardware firewall.

get yourself a glock, not a spyware ;f

11. phone*guy

phone*guy

I'd like to know how you KNOW it's someone from GT? I'm an IT consultant, so I have a pretty GOOD idea how things work. Please, share with us! I'm sure everyone would be interested

12. techie

techie WJLL

You can't really know who's hacking your computer. Computers and networks the world over probe ports to gain access and get certain information about the owners of machines. Tracking information sent out in email and on certain web sites are used by everyone. It's really more useful to try and get the software you need to protect your machine from future attacks than to try and find out who, if anyone hacked your machine, unless you have like industry, government or other secrets on it, beyond personal info. I hope you can protect yourself for the future. That to me is time better spent. Good luck!!

13. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

Never has Eric's avatar seemed more appropriate than today.

14. engineer151515

engineer151515

Its enough to discourage anyone from being an adminstrator.

Much less a volunteer administrator.

Eric ... have you ever coached a kid's team (little league? etc)

Feels about the same. :)

15. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

Hey man, why didn't you put my kid in during the fourth inning when you needed a run? Is it because you don't like my wife??? What do you have against [insert nationality]???

16. VinniefromNY

VinniefromNY MyOhMy

"Paranoia, Paranoia, everybody's coming to get me! But they haven't even met me....and I don't even own a TV!!!!"

Harvey Danger

---Flagpole Sitta---

;Q ;Q ;Q ;Q

17. jadepond

jadepond

Thank you Eddie C. Glock talk keeps me from going stir crazy up here sometimes. Its this or TV or whatever I can busy myself with around the cabin. I'm full blooded Italian, and I know I get hot headed sometimes. Sorry. Jadepond.

18. Eddie C.

No problem my friend. Remember if you want to talk, I'm around!;)

19. pluvo

pluvo Experiment G26

Take two of these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

put this ;R on.

20. jadepond

jadepond

I will remember that next time you need Contributions.