H. Ross Perot

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by WeeWilly, Jul 9, 2019.

1. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

2. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

He had my vote. RIP. Without him, we would never have gotten Trump. He laid the groundwork.

3. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Good guy even though his run for Presidency in 92 effectively unleashed the Clinton crime family on our poor undeserving nation.

RIP

4. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

5. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Got suckered into voting for that guy and got Bill Clinton as a result.

6. AK-74

AK-74 AK-74 Silver Member

He disliked the guns i heard if wrong correct me.... _img.jpg

7. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

R.I.P. to the fastest-talking politician I ever saw. -King of "Common sense."

railfancwb and arkdweller22 like this.
  8. ILeft

ILeft

During the presidential debate he said
    " Clinton thinks that because he can run the corner grocery store, therefore I extrapolate that into the fact that I can run Walmart."

I laughed so hard I had to pull my car off the side of the highway.

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I voted for Ross Perot. RIP.

fx77 and michael_b like this.
  10. thewitt

thewitt

He single-handedly gave us Clinton thought his paranoid arrogance. He was never remotely qualified to be president.

I hope the black helicopters follow him to wherever he's going.

11. michael_b

Also, his was the first presidential candidate rally I ever attended, Bartle Hall KCMO. Trump rally's remind me of that event.

I still remember during Perot's speech, as he was breaking down Clinton, a guy at towards the back interrupted and screamed -

"I'm from Arkansas, Clinton SUCKS!"

railfancwb and Berto like this.
  12. papershoot

papershoot

RIP. I voted for him too.

"When building a team, I always search first for people who love to win. If I can't find any of those, I look for people who hate to lose." HRP

"It was during the Nixon administration that Perot became involved in the issue of U.S. prisoners of war in Southeast Asia. Perot said Secretary of State Henry Kissinger asked him to lead a campaign to improve treatment of POWs held in North Vietnam. Perot chartered two jets to fly medical supplies and the wives of POWs to Southeast Asia. They were not allowed into North Vietnam, but the trip attracted enormous media attention.

After their release in 1973, some prisoners said conditions in the camps had improved after the failed missions.

In 1979, the Iranian government jailed two EDS executives and Perot vowed to win their release.

“Ross came to the prison one day and said, ‘We’re going to get you out,’” one of the men, Paul Chiapparone, told The Associated Press. “How many CEOs would do that today?”

Perot recruited retired U.S. Army Special Forces Col. Arthur “Bull” Simons to lead a commando raid on the prison. A few days later, the EDS executives walked free after the shah’s regime fell and mobs stormed the prison. Simons’ men sneaked the executives out of the country and into Turkey. The adventure was recalled in Ken Follett’s best-selling book “On Wings of Eagles” and a TV miniseries."

https://www.nwfdailynews.com/zz/news/20190709/texas-billionaire-h-ross-perot-dies-aged-89

He supported our military.

https://www.ocala.com/article/LK/20050424/news/604228346/OS/

Are we sure Ross Perot shouldn't have been president?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  13. Gray Dood

Gray Dood

The pre Trump.

Closest in modern times on being able to beat the two party system, his 19% under the Reform Party assured the election of Bill Clinton by draining votes from Bush the Elder.

I think of him every time I'm tempted to go Libertarian Party (whenever they don't nominate total looney 's that is ). Meaning is my vote just a pull away so that Democrats automatically win.

Still, you gotta admire the effort.

R.I. P. H. R. P.

14. powernoodle

powernoodle

Powernoodle's recommended reading list includes Ken Follett's On Wings of Eagles, which details Ross Perot's efforts to bring about the rescue of two EDS employees held in Iran.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Wings_of_Eagles

https://www.amazon.com/Wings-Eagles-Inspiring-Spirit-Countrymen/dp/0451163532

Like many of us, Perot was awesome in some ways, and not awesome in others. He was pro abortion, favored extra "rights" for men who buggered each other, and was largely anti-2nd Amendment.

And as noted above, he did give us the Clinton plague when he ran as an independent against Bush 41 and Clinton.

Lets not deify him just yet.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  15. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

My favorite memory of H Ross Perot was his comment that by signing NAFTA, it would create a "giant sucking sound" of jobs and business leaving the USA. Boy, was he right!

I liked him!
    RIP!

Flash

16. michael_b

Sorry guys, a Republican wasn't going to win, they had their 12 years, 4 more than history says they should have. 1992 was a D year just like 2024 should be - unfortunately. Clinton was the much more dynamic candidate than Bush, the economy was recovering but the improving economic numbers came out after the election, everything was stacked against a R year. The independents are like a pendulum, they go right for 8 years, then go left for 8. Perot didn't matter, Bush was never going to win. What Perot did show was there was a thirst for a true, viable, third party candidate - and we essentially finally got one in Trump. He learned from Perot's mistakes and ran as a R to use the party infrastructure.

[​IMG]

RovinOn likes this.
  17. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

RIP.
    I liked a lot of his ideas and he spoke common sense. He came very close to upsetting the two-party apple cart and for that I respect him.

I hope you can finish your sentences in heaven. :D

railfancwb and RovinOn like this.
  18. jstrange

jstrange

True, but without him we may never have had Clinton.

19. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

A real patriot. Huge support for the military that was never public or mentioned by anyone.

Rest in peace

20. Bruce M

Bruce M

It is not difficult to argue he helped give us Clinton. It is also not difficult to argue he helped to give us the Contract with America.

One of my favorite quotes included not being able to hold down the third shift at Burger King.