H&K45 vs Baer 1911- Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by BlayGlock, Jun 18, 2010.

1. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

A V9 detent plate ($9) would have solved that issue.

2. gforester

gforester Motorhead

Frankly, I am not very concerned with my H&K pistol's accuracy at 50 yards. That's why I have my rifles. For anything up to 50 feet my H&K is deadly accurate and easy to shoot.

3. alg

alg

To really appreciate the quality of HK, you should try the USP Expert or at least the USP Tactical. I had a HK45 and although I could appreciate the ergonomics, I preferred the Tactical and the Expert more... match trigger has a cleaner break, shot more accurately.

I had a Series 1 Kimber Classic, it had more muzzle flip and occasional FTE. Never had a failure to fire with my HKs. My favorites are the 9mm Expert and 45acp Expert. I do have the HK45c and P30 on my wish list.

4. Thorazine

Thorazine

Agreed.

My last nineteen eleven (4.25 " Baer) had really harsh recoil compared to my 45C or TAC.

I figured the all stainless steel would have absorbed a lot of the recoil but I was way wrong.

5. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Have a correct JMB spec firing pin stop fitted to the 1911 you will be AMAZED at the difference in felt recoil....

6. PhoneCop

PhoneCop TeleDetective

I was afforded the opportunity to shoot an HK45 at the range once and I was very, very impressed. I am not surprised you could shoot it as well as your Baer. Good shooters are good shooter regardless of the gun, but a quality gun makes it easier to remain a good shooter. HK is a quality gun.

7. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Don't forget that the HK45C has built in recoil reduction, in the form of the free floating recoil buffer located on the guide rod. :)

8. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Good point. That never crossed my mind.

9. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

I shoot a semi-custom top of the line 1911. I would think it would have the proper firing pin stop installed. What you say is interesting and will research your suggestion...

10. majette

majette

the recoil reduction comes from having the bottom of the fps with a slight radius so that it is slightly rounded. this lets it ride smoothly over the hammer as the slide travels to the rear. i had this done to my mc operator and i got a chance to shoot a les baer and was amazed at how sharp the recoil was compared to mine. for the money they charge for a semi-custom 1911 i was surprised they did not do this slight adjustment.

11. TrueGunNut

TrueGunNut

I also noticed that my HK45C has slightly less or, atleast equal recoil to my 5" Dan Wesson Valor 1911. Both top of the line .45's. The H&k will probably be carried most of the time and the 1911 on special occasion or in the winter.

12. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

I went out and shot my H&K 45 back-to-back with my Wilson CQB. I think that the H&K has slightly more muzzle flip but less felt recoil in the hand. I made this comparison by shooting a mag through the H&K then the CQB a couple of times.

I also took an electronice timer and there was no real noticable difference in my splits, not that big of deal.

13. Dogbite

Dogbite

I just ordered a new HK45!! It should be here monday!

14. JRS

JRS

Soooo you're saying that you don't own a single pair of Oakleys??? C'mon man.

15. BlayGlock

BlayGlock

As a matter of fact, I just got my first pair of oakleys.