close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

H & K Pm7

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by One45, Sep 5, 2004.

1. One45

One45 Capt. of Dixie

Looking for a good condition PM7. Prefer FTF in Central Florida area.
    Tks.

2. flyandscuba

flyandscuba

The following gun shop (my normal dealer) has two P7 PSPs in excellent condition.

Miles Schuler
    Tradewinds Pawn & Gun
    6243 Gulf Breeze Parkway
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
    850-939-3303

3. One45

One45 Capt. of Dixie

flyandscuba - thanks much. I'll call him and look into them.
    Best regards.

4. pck50

pck50

Why? Why would you even want one of those I had one couldnt wait to get rid of it after 100 rounds it gets so hot all around the entire frame and grip that you can't even hold it, secondly if you ever reck the slide quickly and accidently touch the rear take down button which is where you even grip the slide and then look to release it It flies off the frame, Do your self a big favor if you really want a good quality 9MM go for either one of the below mentioned.

1) Korth 2) Sphinx 3000 ( Titanium ) 3) Sig P-210-5 4) Walther P5c 5) Least expensive and also very reliable without worrying about even putting it down not even after 10000 rounds is a Glock 26
    If your heart is really set on a HK then only go with the following
    USP 9mm Full Size, Compact version , or even the P2000.

BUT stay away from those Junk P7's That over heat so rediculously.

Pete

5. flyandscuba

flyandscuba

One45,

Only a "girlie man" couldn't handle the manual of arms for the P7. It may get warm after extended range sessions. Take something additional to shoot when you go to the range -- shoot it while you allow the P7 to cool. The P7 was designed to be a law enforcement/self defense weapon, not a target pistol. The 3,4 - 8,9 or heaven forbid 16,17 rounds (after a mag change) fired in a defensive situation will produce less than noticable warmth. The problem is that the P7 is so very accurate -- once you start shooting it, you don't want to stop.

The fixed barrel, polygonal rifling, and smooth trigger pull makes it one of the most accurate self defense pistols on the market. The low bore axis and gas operated action provides low recoil and quick follow-up shots. The slim profile and short overall length make the P7 or P7M8 an excellent CCW. The P7M8 (and the P7M13) does have the benefit of a heat shield above the trigger guard that the P7 does not. But the prices of the near new German Border Patrol P7s are hard to beat.

I've got both the P7 and P7M13 and consider them my favorite 9mm pistols. Try it -- you'll like it.

Pushing the takedown button while racking the slide will not allow the slide to "fly off the frame". You must lift the rear of the slide from the frame with it in the rearmost position while depressing the takedown button. BTW, the takedown button is near flush with the grip panel -- so it requires a deliberate depression to engage the takedown mechanism.

For much more information -- and supportive people to your decision, visit www.parkcitiestactical.com and read around the "Cult of the P7" forum....

Regards.

6. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

What scuba said.

The gun is not for everyone - and the same can be said for any other firearm. It does get warm ;f

Best of luck

7. pck50

pck50

Yeah, OK then maybe you should get one and be very happy.

Pete

8. Glock 17L

Glock 17L *GLOCKAHOLIC*

The P7 series of pistol is one of the greatest concealed carry pieces available at any price.
    They are slim and trim and carry like nothing else,They are so accurate because of the fixed barrel and gas delayed slide.
    Did I say Accurate..
    And yes they get hot but as flyandscuba said in a defensive or tactical situation you'll never notice it ,this I promise.
    There not for everyone,And they have a CULT following ;z
    www.parkcitiestactical.com The Cult of the P7
    But as small as the P7 is it has a full 4" barrel and recoil is almost non existant as the gas system delays the unlocking of the slide,It also has a fluted chamber for positive extraction the extractor is only there to aid in ejection.
    The P7 can be drawn,cocked & fired faster than any other pistol and it's trigger pull is fantastic..
    Look into one one45 you won't be sorry..
    Join The Cult of the P7
    SIG P229 / Beretta92

9. Belgian Blue

Belgian Blue

Actually, I have TWO, and I AM!;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

I traded my Korth in on them...

The Korth was a nice pistol...

But I just never... "WARMED UP to it!!!" ;a ;a ;a

LOL! ;f

Belgian Blue

10. THELimey

THELimey Ancient Member

The P7 is one of the very Best 9mm's on the Planet if you cannot appreciate it fair enough but keep your 'Clown school' opinions to yourself.;) ;e ;)

11. pck50

pck50

Well then you simply go 0n enjoying that very HOT Gun of yours and be happy !

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

I have been shooting the crap out of them since 81 and never has there been a heat issue.

13. pck50

pck50

OK, Ignore the issue! About the P7M8 heating up to excessive amount. Maybe one day you all should use it at a range for more the 500 rounds of course then all your opinions would surely change.

You all have a great day!

14. Guest

Actually, I fired 650 rounds through my P7 PSP on a recent range trip. It didn't get noticably warm unless I ran about 5 magazines through it in very rapid fire. If I ever willingly went into a situation where I needed more than 5 magazines and thought that hosing them over the general landscape was a good idea, I assure you that I'd be carrying more than a P7. Artillery might be the order of the day in such a situation. The pistol was cool again by the time I had finished reloading the magazines.

Since I normally carry a total of 3 magazines with my P7 when I use it as a CCW(1 in the gun and 2 spares), the heat generated after 5 magazines of extreme rapid fire is really kind of a moot point. This isn't a racing or game gun, it's a defensive pistol. And a very fine one at that.

But hey pck50, if you really feel you need 500 rounds of ammo to win a pistol fight, more power to you.

Oh, and out of curiosity, I attempted to actuate the take-down button while cycling the slide repeatedly. Unless I specifically concentrated on mashing my thumb against it (and taking off a wedge of skin in the process), I never could duplicate this supposed behavior with normal use. So, once again, another moot point.

15. pck50

pck50

Great, hey that's fantastic Im really very glad with all due respect note every one is not the same what maybe one person medcine can also be another persons poison everyone is different, just very happy that its certainly working out for your personal likes as for me I guess it just didnt cut it, on the other hand have a little nice toy as a knock around called a Glock 26 beat the living daylights out of it and it shoots just as well as a P7M8 without the needed pain in the neck cleaning required in always cleaning that gas retardation cylinder in it, but as long s your happy hey Im happy for you too, AMEN !
    And Im also very happy that should I ever decide too just kid around with a gun at a range for having some fun I also wouldnt be getting no severe burn, LOL

Have a very wonderful day

Pete

16. One45

One45 Capt. of Dixie

Well, well:
    Such a controversy. I was initially inquiring about the P7 so let me throw in my .02. Long time Glock shooter; long time HK shooter. Bought P7M8. Oooooh, red hot. Soooo, I've taken to wearing welding gloves to control this rampant problem. Only problem is I can hardly get my trigger finger on the trigger. Sooo, I have cut off the front of the trigger guard to accomodate the welding gloves. Looks a bit odd I'll admit, but it works. Now, since I've got a welding shop
    in my back yard, I just shoot the P7 (just 1 shot at a time - all I
    can stand) then I go back to welding.
    HK to all and to all a good night. HO, HO, HO.

17. Guest

It appears that what we have here is a case of cognitive dissonance.