Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a chance to shoot it much given the temporary closure of our shooting ranges here in Virginia. Ranges re-open tomorrow 5/15/2020! I put 200 rounds through it and as expected it ran flawlessly. Added a 500 lumens light and it's now my designated home defense gun. It makes a perfect partner with my VP9. View attachment 757282

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can remember when the gun was first introduced it retailed for a grand. I picked it up locally for $599.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,460 Posts
Haven't had a chance to shoot it much given the temporary closure of our shooting ranges here in Virginia. Ranges re-open tomorrow 5/15/2020! I put 200 rounds through it and as expected it ran flawlessly. Added a 500 lumens light and it's now my designated home defense gun. It makes a perfect partner with my VP9. View attachment 757282
I can remember when the gun was first introduced it retailed for a grand. I picked it up locally for $599.
You're right about the price coming down. This has been a trend across several brands in recent years, the last few months notwithstanding.

I'm very impressed with my P30 V3 as well. The interchangeable side panels and back straps definitely go a long way towards giving that custom feel.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reality of it is H&K could give a crap about the civilian market. 75% of their business is with worldwide militaries and law enforcement, mostly in Europe. Automatic weapons are their bread and butter.

·
Registered
126,701 Posts
The reality of it is H&K could give a crap about the civilian market. 75% of their business is with worldwide militaries and law enforcement, mostly in Europe.
They had really been hurting though Slugo.

They had to do something. They cheapened their guns too. Later models like the VP9 or even the P30SK definitely show signs of cost cutting.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,460 Posts
In regards to the P30sk, it would be interesting to see someone perform a longevity/durability test such as that 91K test performed on the P30.

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
Enjoy Slugo. I'm a big fan. I have two P30L's V3. I've kept one non-fired in the safe. The other one is my EDC and I've put maybe 10,000 rounds through it so far; about 300 rounds a week.

My first HK was an HK45 has been my bedside gun for eight years.

Reactions: Slugo

·
Registered
610 Posts
The reality of it is H&K could give a crap about the civilian market. 75% of their business is with worldwide militaries and law enforcement, mostly in Europe. Automatic weapons are their bread and butter.
You're right, HK is Military, LE driven market. HK Customer Service hands down the very best in the industry. I just sent several P30L's & P2000's for install of the V4.1....On all occasions, HK received in the morning, shipped back out same day with Tracking Number. HK in their own league!!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They had really been hurting though Slugo.

They had to do something. They cheapened their guns too. Later models like the VP9 or even the P30SK definitely show signs of cost cutting.
Agree completely!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also remember an article regarding the 45acp H&K's vs the Glock 17. It said H&K pistols have twice as many parts as the Glock 17. My SIL is a Sr. Master Chief, US Navy EOD. None of them wanted to use the H&Ks. The Navy Armourers hated them also. 95% of the Navy Seals opted for the Glock, Sig P226, and Beretta 92.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
I just stole one P30 LEM @ $399.00 last week on clearance
Nice; I paid $500 for a P30 LEM and thought I did well. Sweet pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Slugo

·
Registered
126,701 Posts
In regards to the P30sk, it would be interesting to see someone perform a longevity/durability test such as that 91K test performed on the P30.
I would think it would perform identically or very close.

The texturing isn’t as nice, but the build feels about the same. The VP9 feels a bit downgraded, but that was a cheaper gun from the start.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Amazing platform, plagued by a mediocre trigger out of the box. Have had one for many years, but I sent it to the Sig Armorer for a trigger job. Now it’s not a competition trigger, but way mo’ better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts