close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

H&K P2000/P2000SK LEM or not

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cowboy1964, Feb 10, 2010.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Seriously considering one of these little puppies. Wondering if I should go LEM or not. I understand the reset is short so at least it's not a long DA pull. Still I'm used to DA/SA because of my USPs (which I will eventually sell off probably).

If you have one did you go LEM or not? If LEM, did you leave it stock or have it lightened to the 5.5 lb range?

Can a non-LEM model be converted to LEM (and vice versa) by an HK armorer?

2. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

I'm in the same boat, Some how I shoot better in DA than SA on my HK. So was thinking about picking up a P2000sk to replace my XD9 sub compact. And I'm wondering if I should go for the LEM trigger. I guess if you want the same trigger pull each time, that's the way to go

3. curriek

curriek

I bought a USPc LEM from Bud's and didn't care for it. When I first dry fired it, I liked it. But when I shot it take up was just too light/long in the beggining for me to be accurate. I found that in order to be accurate you have to use the LEMs reset to the fullest, which will probably take a little time to practice with. I have since switched out the LEM to the V1 DA/SA with no problem... and I'm no gunsmith. Did a small trigger job and lightened the hammer spring to 12lbs instead of 14 and it's easier to shoot. Here's the LEM guide if you get a DA/SA and want to convert...

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63079

4. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

My USPc .45 is LEM and so is my P2000SK. I like LEM due to ease of use. I would leave make it variant 4 which is just between stock and the lightest pull. This put's it around 6.5lbs. The reason is the 5.5lb spring combination can give a slower, or weak trigger reset.

If you have DA/SA guns, give yourself time before judging the LEM trigger. It takes practice; it takes a lot of practice. I actually have several "like-new" HKs that were sold for no reason other than the original owner didn't like LEM.
    If you don't take the time to learn the LEM trigger, it won't work for you.

LEM models of the USP, UPSc, P2000, and P2000SK can all be converted between traditional DA/SA and LEM. I do not know if the LEM kits are out for the P30 yet (I'm still waiting for mine). The conversion is very simple to do and if you have a little bit of mechanical sense you can do it yourself with the kit, a 3/32 punch, a 1/16th punch, needle nose pliers, a dental pick, and a dab of grease.

Here is a link to instructions:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63079

It just covers the USP conversion, but everything is very similar.

5. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

LEM is a DAO type trigger with a short reset. The reset is not as short as that of the Glocks, nor is it as short as the USP V1 (DA/SA) in single action.

P2000 V2 (LEM, 7.5-8lbs.) really appeals well to those used to revolvers while P2000 V1 (LEM, 4.5-5lbs.) is more like a Glock trigger in terms of pull weight.

This is not entirely correct. While the USP and USPc will convert from LEM to standard V1 (DA/SA) and back again the P2000 and P2000SK will not.

P2000 V3 (DA/SA) requires that the frame have the cut-out on the rear for the rear mounted decocker. The V2 (LEM) frame does not have this cut-out and therefore cannot be converted to V3 without swapping the frame. It would be much easier to buy another pistol in V3 then to buy just the frame.

6. Larry V

Larry V

7. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Really? I'm gonna have to go check my V2 frames. I thought for sure that they had the cut for the decocker.

Edit: I stand corrected. My V2 frames are indeed missing a cut out for the decocker. So if I ever had any desire to shoot DA/SA and LEM I'd probably buy a V3 then switch it out to V2 if I wanted to try LEM but weren't sure I entirely wanted it.

You learn something new the other day.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  8. Laserlips

Laserlips "Laus Deo"

FWIW:

I can't speak for the LEM model of the P2000sk, but my P2000sk V3 is my daily carry pistol in 9MM..

I'm an old TDA guy, and I like the heavy first round trigger pull, even tho if you wanted to you could still cock the hammer for a first round SA shot.

My P2000sk V3 is on peer as to inherent accuracy with my P7's, and that surprised, (and delighted) me.

I don't think you can go wrong with a P2000sk, and whether or not you get the fine H&K pistol in LEM or V3 is just a matter of what YOU might prefer from your personal experience with other pistols.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

[​IMG]

9. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Around a year ago I bought a used USP45 for a good price, but after the newness wore off I didn't care much for it at all. I installed the LEM a couple weeks ago and, to me, it's the greatest auto trigger design out there. I spent my entire 4-day weekend shooting my new-found treasure and got little else done.:)

The safety/decocker protrusion is eliminated and you have a constant pull weight from first shot to last. It's nothing like a DAO auto pull. It's too hard for me to explain. Maybe 95% of the pull is stored via a cam within the hammer. You only need to accomplish overcoming a small amount of opposing force to complete the trigger cycle.

This video covers the function fairly well.