close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

H&K Cust service BLOWS!

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by DWentz744, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DWentz744

DWentz744 Technoviking

Let me preface this story with the fact that getting a human on the phone is a joke in itself!!! :steamed:

So on Dec 14th I called H&K because I noticed my USP40C was missing the snap ring on the end of the recoil ***-embly. Only a few hundred rounds caused this... :wow:

The guy on the phone insists this isn't something I can install myself. :rofl:
    I need to ship it to them to have it done. That day, the assembly is in the mail.

On Dec 30th I called to see what's up. The guy (nice enough other than the present facts) can't find any paperwork on it, but remembers my name. Not sure, but "thinks" he sent it out to me. Took my number and was going to "get back to me". Well you know how that went... :steamed:

I called again today (12 total business days later subtracting anything holiday related) and was told by a robotic human that the soonest I could speak to anyone about it would be the 11th - due to inventory being done. And no matter how I repeated my question, got the same answer.

All this for a SNAP RING???
    I could have had a Glock frame replaced in this time period!
    Seriously WTF H&K??? :faint:

2. jeep olllllo

jeep olllllo

I am a purchaser for an electrical parts supplier. I deal with hundreds of different vendors. I have found that just about all of North America has a drop in customer service around the holidays. By asking a few questions of my vendors I have formulated the following opinion: Good help does not work around Christmas and New Years.

Every company keeps a few schlubs around to answer the phone.....but the peeps who know S**t are home drinking egg nog. My wife and I both have the week of Christmas and New years off of work. If we had to work around those holidays we would find different jobs so we wouldn't have to.

Perhaps this is what happened to you with HK?

FWIW never wait 12 days for a return call. wait 24 hours max and then call back.

3. majette

majette

did you get a return authorization number? i do not think hk would have you return an item for repair without an rma number, it is the way both parties can keep track of the process. i have not had a problem contacting anyone at hk via phone or, if they were unavailable, receiving a return call a few hours after a voicemail was left.

4. DWentz744

DWentz744 Technoviking

Well they did...
    No return authorization number was given.
    Maybe because it was just the recoil spring.

5. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

:shame:

HK has always given me a RMA number when sending something in
    for exchange/replacement.

The RMA number is more for their benefit than yours. It's so they
    can track products being returned to them.

If you sent it UPS or FED EX, at least through the tracking number
    you know who received it and on what date?

6. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Believer

:whistling: Hmmm?

7. redbearval

redbearval

If you call (706)568-4311 and either leave a message or he usually just answers,hopefully you will change your opinion on customer servic at HK.You will be hard pressed to find a better man to help you.Val PS Try getting a building permit that requires multiple departmental reviews from Hannukah through Epiphany.Everybody is usually"sick" or whatever BS that they can conjure.Might just as well play the game and go huntin' for three weeks.

8. redbearval

redbearval

I am a friggin' idiot.....the man's name is Sam.

9. Clem Eastwood

Clem Eastwood

Sam is the man. He gave me his direct line as well. Last time I talked to them and ordered recoil springs, they sent me the snap rings and I have the newer assembly that doesnt use them. those little ****ers are like $7 each! since i cant use them, if you want em $15 will get you all 3 shipped.

and they should have given you an RMA before you sent anything, even a recoil assembly. at least thats what Sam does.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  10. jsanti13

jsanti13

No RMA number.:wow:

Are you sure you sent it to HK and not Glock? :rofl:

11. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

+1 :thumbsup: (Isn't that the truth!)

12. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

I dealt with H&K service one time over that stinkin clip, worst two weeks of phone hell I've ever experienced.
    If you call Glock up and ask about a recoil spring, 9 times out of 10 they'll immediately send you out 2 or 3 in the mail that day.