Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
One reason I am very selective who I let shoot my G18!
I'm very selective who I let shoot anything. You just never know. And, he was not familiar with guns.

·
MDW Guns
3,745 Posts
I know some ranges who rent converted G17 out and this video properly was one of these places.
I would never give a short machine gun in the hand of someone just walked in form the street.

·
VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,684 Posts
One reason I am very selective who I let shoot my G18!
May I?, May I? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? :supergrin:

·
Semper Paratus
28,327 Posts
Machinepistols are not for the Novice/hobby shooter. This was an idiot teaching an idiot

·
Registered
752 Posts
What a bad Idea. Looked like they had a pistol grip attached to the rail and it came loose. Even if the pistol grip hadn't come loose it's pretty stupid to have your hand that close to the muzzle.

·
VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,684 Posts
I've shot a G25 with a fssg full auto selector

being that the .380 is a bit "softer" that the 9mm, it is a pleasure to shoot, but still if you don't grip the pistol correctly, stuff as this can happen

I wouldn't try that in a .357SIG :wow:

·
MDW Guns
3,745 Posts
There is a difference between the 18 and a modified 17 in the way the recoil.
The 18 is better to control. I can't tell you why, since there are very few differences.
The G17 will break after 25oo-3000 rounds if run full auto.
I can shoot 17 rounds full auto at a man size target at 25 yards and all rounds will be on the target.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
As close as his hand was to the muzzle, I'm betting expanding gases probably cauterized anything that would bleed.
For some reason I had forgot about that. You're probably right.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Long ago, the MP's had a LOT of "center of hand" idiot identification marks. Children 18ish should not have a pistol AND time on his hands (no pun). Sooner or later junior will test the interrupter by pressing the muzzle against the palm of his hand and pulling the trigger. :wow:

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would give a glock 18 a lot of respect due to it not having a stock. I have shot a few automatic rifles in my day with them all being rifles recoil was not too bad.
Sucks to be him and it's good no one else got shot besides him

·
MDW Guns
3,745 Posts
I would give a glock 18 a lot of respect due to it not having a stock...

Funny you mention this. Yes, the stock make the G18 really sweet to shoot.
Also, out of 10 people 4 will limp wrist the G18 in full auto and you will have a FTF.
With the stock you it will work with anyone.

The reason you don't see blood is, because it will take a few seconds.
Did anyone ever cut themselves in their finger / hand?
Same thing, it's about 2 seconds before it bleeds.
I am sure it was bleeding right after he got out of the camera view.
He for sure dropped the good gun on the ground!!

·
Semper Paratus
28,327 Posts
There is a difference between the 18 and a modified 17 in the way the recoil.
The 18 is better to control. I can't tell you why, since there are very few differences.
The G17 will break after 25oo-3000 rounds if run full auto.
I can shoot 17 rounds full auto at a man size target at 25 yards and all rounds will be on the target.
not really.. they are basically the same beast same dimension same weight use the same barrel and recoil spring same frame etc..

·
Semper Paratus
28,327 Posts
As close as his hand was to the muzzle, I'm betting expanding gases probably cauterized anything that would bleed.
NAH, the human body us not a "high pressure system" unless a Major artery was hit the farther away from the heart the slower the bleed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
NAH, the human body us not a "high pressure system" unless a Major artery was hit the farther away from the heart the slower the bleed.
Exactly. And unless the expanding gases all landed perfectly centered on the wound and followed through the channel at the normal cauterization temp ( about 400 C) it just wouldn't happen.

·
Semper Paratus
28,327 Posts
Frame is not the same. Slide is difference.

frame (plastic that houses the pieces) is the same.. Ask a tech when you go to armorers school for them.

They have different cuts but the molded piece weighs the same and has the same slide to frame geometry.
To say they recoil differently is subjective.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Jam to the bog. Ignorance and a foregrip attached to the accessory rail caused the problem.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts